MAHO 1000 c hardware with Kanalog KFlop controller advice - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAHO 1000 c hardware with Kanalog KFlop controller advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MAHO 1000 c hardware with Kanalog KFlop controller advice

So I guess the Kanalog inputs for each axis encoders are more than with enough reserve , my servo motors are DC permanent magnet motors and their max RPM is 1200, maybe you can already recommend a know and optimal price/performance encoder for me to buy because there are so many to choose from it would ge good to have some advice.
    PS. so the Kanalog input for 1 million counts/sec is basically a 1 Mhz input ?
    In other words unless my motor rotor would spin at a million RPM it gives a high enough resolution for very precise control at low RPM right?

As for my drives yes I believe they are working ok, at zero volts differential input the rotor is stopped and also locked in position as I can't move it by hand not a single bit.
    The hum I believe is from the mains frequency which is supplied to the motor rotor through it's comutator from the drive amplifier in order to hold it in place. My drive amplifiers (Indramat TRM3) use a thyristor output controlled by thyristor control IC's , I looked through the schematics as well as the drives themselves and it seems so , so basically it takes the three phase input and uses the positive and negative half periods to move the motor in either one or other direction and then chops off the period at the necessary place in order to have RPM control, as far as I understand there is no switching of high frequency involved in this amplifier.

So I understand that the electric brake is supposed to be released only when the machine is turned off in order to lock the tables and axis in place right ? so when working the only thing that stops and holds each axis is the motor itself?

You could use https://ro.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...wXWth5sxgovg==

On my maho i had heidenhain Linear scales. But they were sin cos 10uA. But inside the old coltroller i found a dedicated board that convert the scale signal to TTL

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

my servo motors are DC permanent magnet motors and their max RPM is 1200, maybe you can already recommend a know and optimal price/performance encoder for me to buy because there are so many to choose from it would ge good to have some advice.
    USDigital is a good source. You will need to select what will work for you mechanically. Most any digital incremental encoder should work. Choose a differential output as that can work with either single ended or differential encoder inputs. For more info see here.

PS. so the Kanalog input for 1 million counts/sec is basically a 1 Mhz input ?
    In other words unless my motor rotor would spin at a million RPM it gives a high enough resolution for very precise control at low RPM right?
    There is often confusion between encoder cycles/rev vs (quadrature) counts/rev. Each encoder line creates a complete quadrature cycle or 4 quadrature counts.

KFLOP/Kanalog conservatively accepts up to 1 million quadrature counts per second, or 250KHz cycles/second.

With a maximum speed of 1200 RPM the maximum counts/rev in order to avoid exceeding 1 million counts/second would be:
    1,000,000 / 1200 x 60 = 50,000 counts/rev (12,500 cycles/rev)

The higher the resolution the better velocity can be measured at low RPM.

As for my drives yes I believe they are working ok, at zero volts differential input the rotor is stopped and also locked in position as I can't move it by hand not a single bit.
    That sounds good, except I would expect without any position feedback, and only velocity feedback, I would expect there to be some slow drift and manually applying torque would cause some slow movement. Are you sure the motor is really locked into a fixed position? Or just very resistant to movement? You might read this article in our wiki.

The hum I believe is from the mains frequency which is supplied to the motor rotor through it's comutator from the drive amplifier in order to hold it in place. My drive amplifiers (Indramat TRM3) use a thyristor output controlled by thyristor control IC's , I looked through the schematics as well as the drives themselves and it seems so , so basically it takes the three phase input and uses the positive and negative half periods to move the motor in either one or other direction and then chops off the period at the necessary place in order to have RPM control, as far as I understand there is no switching of high frequency involved in this amplifier.
    I think you are probably correct, except I think it works in reverse. The Thryister switches/latches on at some point during the 60Hz AC cycle and then conducts for the remaining portion of the cycle. So a 120Hz hum would be expected.

So I understand that the electric brake is supposed to be released only when the machine is turned off in order to lock the tables and axis in place right ? so when working the only thing that stops and holds each axis is the motor itself?
    Yes

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12