Need a way to copy KFlop flash memory to create a duplicate board

Thread: Need a way to copy KFlop flash memory to create a duplicate board

Default Need a way to copy KFlop flash memory to create a duplicate board

I've got a K2 cnc running the KMotion / KFlop control system that is currently working just fine. My concern is that with K2 out of business, I would like to have a backup KFlop board in case anything happens to the first. The original files that K2 sent with the machine are not the ones that are flashed to the KFlop so they can't be used to recover the board. My machine was one of the first few to use KMotion and includes auto tool change and a dust hood gate that make it unique.

My question is, is there any way to read and copy the flash memory from one KFlop board to another?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need a way to copy KFlop flash memory to create a duplicate board

Hi raasco_alan,

We don't have a method of transferring programs without the source.

I suppose you could write a program to write out the Thread memory spaces as binary bytes then read them back in on the other board.
    (From PC_DSP.h)
    Code:
    #define USER_PROG_ADDRESS_KFLOP 0x80050000  // where first user program is loaded
    #define MAX_USER_PROG_SIZE_KFLOP 0x10000    // space between each thread/user program
    #define N_USER_THREADS 7              // how many user programs/threads there are

I think you would need to also copy the persist structure that contains UserData, Program EntryPoints, and RunOnStartUp:
    (From KMotionDef.h)
    Code:
    #define N_USER_DATA_VARS 200

typedef struct
    {
        int RunOnStartUp; // word Bits 1-7 selects which threads to execute on startup   
        unsigned int EntryPoints[N_USER_THREADS];   // each downloaded program's entry point
        int UserData[N_USER_DATA_VARS]; // General purpose way to share and or save user program data
    } PERSIST;

extern PERSIST persist;

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com