Kflop driver failed

Thread: Kflop driver failed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kflop driver failed

Hi Tom,
    Having a problem with the Kflop driver. Everything was working fine for the last 2 years and then I suddenly got a message "No Kmotion devices available". Looking on the Device Manager there appeared to be a problem with the KFlop driver so I unistalled it and tried to reinstall it. (I'm running version 433 and was using the 434 driver.) My computer appears to recognize the KFLOP because it says "KFLOP - Motion Controller" on the Device Manager screen. When I click the KFLOP line I get another screen that says "The drivers for this device are not installed." I click on "Update Driver" and navigate to the C:\KMition434/USB Driver\i386. When I click NEXT I get a screen that says Windows could not find drivers for your device.

Oh, another computer connects just fine to my machine and my computer won't connect to another KFLOP. What should I try next?

Jack

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kflop driver failed

Checked a 3rd computer that worked at one time. It is also missing the drivers. The 3 computers that won't work at Windows 10. The one that does work is Windows 8. Is there a new driver out there?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jack,

The drivers in Release Version 4.34 should work with Windows 10.

You should navigate to th USB Driver folder not the i386 folder.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Jack,

The drivers in Release Version 4.34 should work with Windows 10.

You should navigate to th USB Driver folder not the i386 folder.
    Thanks for the quick reply Tom. I followed your instructions and made some progress. It appeared to start loading the drivers but then stopped and gave me the message that is in the screen shot attachment. One thing that I noticed is that the KFLOP is showing up in "Other Devices" not under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in the Device Manager. Does that matter?

Jack

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kflop driver failed-capture-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jack,

Strange I just Uninstalled then Updated the Drivers on my Windows 10 64-bit V1903 system without any problems.

It is normal that KFLOP shows up in "Other Devices" without the Driver installed.

What Version of Windows 10 are you using? 32 or 64 bits?

Did you download, install, and use the USB Driver folder from the Version 4.34 link provided in the previous post?

You might try Uninstalling the Driver, being sure to remove software, reboot, then update the Driver.

That error would indicate a problem with Window's Hierarchy of Trust. Have you performed all Windop's Updates?

As a workaround you can turn off Window's Signed Driver Enforcement as described here.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,
    Success. Apparently the drivers were corrupted. When I re downloaded the files from your link they installed properly. Thanks for all your help.
    Jack

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jack,

Great. Thanks for taking the time to post back.

Regards