New Machine Build Wells-Index Mill 320 retrofit

Thread: Wells-Index Mill 320 retrofit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wells-Index Mill 320 retrofit

Howdy,

Took me a while to get to a point in my life where I could dabble in CNC milling again. Finally have the space to work on a respectably sized mill. A friend of mine at work decided to unload his Wells Index Mill 320 at price I couldn't refuse. Anyway, one good deed deserves another. In my tare-down phase right now. The encoders and some of the other electronics look good. Been pulling them apart carefully, in case there is someone out there that is into taking these old control systems and restoring them. Pictures posted for anyone interested. For those that are super interested in saving the old controller, I am in Austin Texas. PM me if you want to pick the electronics up.

Plan is to retrofit with Kanalog, Yaskawa AC drives and controllers, and install new encoders to work with the new Dynomotion controller.

I need to get myself a precision surface to work on the ways. Any suggestions for the Austin, Texas area? Largest dimension is 42"

Thanks all!