Issues with Slave axis while running in CNC mode Kstep

Thread: Issues with Slave axis while running in CNC mode Kstep

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issues with Slave axis while running in CNC mode Kstep

Hi All,

I'm building a setup which requires 2 stepper motors turning the same shaft in order to move a joint in a robotic arm. They are on opposite ends of the shaft so they need to turn opposite of each other. I got the setup working using kmotion using channel 0 and 1. Both had the same parameters but channel 1 was slaved to channel 0 and gain was set to -1.

This worked well when I tested it with step response but didn't work when I tried to get it working with Kmotion. I used the same file I tested everything with as the init file and started it up. Channel 0 mapped to the x axis and channel 1 mapped to the y axis instead of channel 1 being a slave to channel 0. When I tried to move the joint one motor moved and the other stayed still.

Is there a way to use one axis as a slave to another in a CNC application or is there another way to solve this problem?