servo madness - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: servo madness

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: servo madness

Hi m_c,

Reply #37, Jim swapped the output wires from the Drive.
    Ahh, thanks I missed that.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: servo madness

ok first I would like to say thanks for all the help, its been a few hours with this. here is my crossroads
    1. the kflop servo setup is going to be to difficult to get the 2 servos running smoothly, the drivers having pots and no real documentation. also one drive is wired backwards so they both pull the same
    I spent a few hours trying to get the master/slave setup and its not happy. I could try to figure a drive setup that uses only one sery for both sides of the gantry this beast is long and heavy so only one side drive would not be enough.

I might look for better servo drivers, the servos in this setup are high quality and good shape but still will have setup issues with the master/slave on single axis

my other option is to use the geko stepper drivers I have with stepper motors and figure a controller out

Either way tonight I throw in the towel with this servo setup, I cant waist another week without any progress

again thanks for the help, I will look for a mill that needs an upgrade for this hardware, I believe it could be stable in a different configuration

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345