Kmotion CNC question/gripe

Thread: Kmotion CNC question/gripe

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kmotion CNC question/gripe

On one of my Kflop setups, I am using a keyboard with a decent length cord as a pendant for the machine. This generally works well, except that occasionally I press the ESC key sometimes, which is like pressing the STOP button in KMotionCNC. When I do this on a stepper setup with no feedback, the X,Y,Z coordinates change to some seemingly random number when they go from green to yellow on the DRO. When I re initialize the machine and the DRO goes back to green, then numbers change again to some other coordinate that also has nothing to do with where the machine was commanded last. Why is this? Could I make a request for future updates that the machine remembers it's last commanded position? It seems to make basic sense that this is how the program would operate. Instead, if by chance the ESC key is pressed, I now have to reset the XYZ so that I might finish whatever job I have running.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kmotion CNC question/gripe

Hi spank,

KFLOP normally remembers it last commanded position. It depends what your Stop Action is configured to do and how your system Initializes.

What Version of KMotion are you using?

What is the KMotionCNC | Tool Setup | M0-M30 | Stop action configured to do?

How are your Axes being enabled in your initialization Program? EnableAxisDest(0,ch0->Dest); will enable the axis and set the commanded position to the last commanded destination.

Note that "Stop" will normally stop abruptly with a chance that the stepper motors will miss-step and so the last commanded position may not match the actual physical position. If possible use "Halt" to stop in a controlled manner that should not loose steps and also not disable axes.

HTH

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com