4th axis feedrates - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th axis feedrates

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis feedrates

I got my cam package from a shop that closed down, and heard something after about the licence may not be transferable. So id rather not to get into too many details lol. The software im using is a little older, around 10 years old i think. But works great for more then 95% of the stuff I do. I dont have an option for separate linear/rotary tolerance. Just one single tolerance block. Played around with it and didnt seem to help much.

Im pretty sure this code would run fine on the mazak 510c I used to run. Somehow it seemed to filter out small things like this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Powermill 2017 postproocesser can give me ????

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom, im running these parts again tonight and I think part of my problem is Kflop isnt getting the code from the computer fast enough. If its running slow and i hit feed hold, wait a few seconds for buffer to catch up and resume it runs WAY faster for a few seconds and then slows down again. This is very consistent and repeatable.

The other problem is still there, its still jerky because of these Z only moves. But still runs way faster for a few seconds each time after a feed hold.

Does this make sense? Any other tests I can do to confirm? Anything I can do to improve transfer speed other then buying new computer? Come to think of it, I have noticed when doing helix entry that sometimes it would run fast for a couple seconds and then slow down in some cases. I guess thats the same problem?

Downloads
    Uploads

Heres a video. Runs better (still jerky) for a few seconds then its really slows down (starts and stops). And if I do a feed hold for a few seconds it will run faster again for a few seconds and then run slower.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mei...ew?usp=sharing

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

We're looking into using the Collinear tolerance to combine/filter/smooth out the microscopic Z motions. If they were in X and Z like this:

Then they would be smoothed, but since they are in A and Z they are not. So we are looking at handling A and Z smoothing. But like anything with Trajectory Planning it is more complicated than expected So no promises.

I wonder if a workaround would be to change the post processor to output only 3 decimals for Z. That might round those 0.0001 Z moves to zero. You should also be able to round them with the KMotionCNC Editor "Transform Selection" feature. Just do a scale of 1 and offset 0 but set Decimal Digits in Output to 3. But then simple rounding up can make things worse in certain cases. And of course errors of +/-0.0005 inches will be introduced.

Tom, im running these parts again tonight and I think part of my problem is Kflop isnt getting the code from the computer fast enough. If its running slow and i hit feed hold, wait a few seconds for buffer to catch up and resume it runs WAY faster for a few seconds and then slows down again. This is very consistent and repeatable.
    It might be that the AZ GCode glitches are being "corner rounded". We are looking into that also. So for example the 90 degree zig-zags would turn each microscopic zig or zag into 90 segments to download if the Facet angle is set to 1 degree. So you might increase the Facet angle to see if that has an effect. What Trajectory Planner Settings are you using?

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Also what Version of KMotion are you using in case we are able to come up with a patch to try?

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

I played around with facet angle and you were right, that's what was slowing it down so much! My facet angle was set at 0.5 degrees and I increased it to 5 degrees and it ran much better. I ran another test with just 2 revolutions of the A axis (see attached test code). The backplot time was 26 seconds. Having the facet angle set at 0.5 degrees dragged that out to just over 2 minutes. Increasing facet angle to 5 degrees dropped the time to 30 seconds which seems right considering I still have some extra starting and stopped for the Z only moves. But this is way ahead of what I was getting before.

Facet angle 0.5 degrees: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nUj...ew?usp=sharing

Facet angle 5 degrees: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrU...ew?usp=sharing

I attached my TP settings. I just read through the TP help file again and it looks like the facet angle only applies to corner rounding right? So if im using a fairly small corner rounding value, and a larger facet angle, I probably wont even notice a difference in most cases? Thanks again for all the help!

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4th axis feedrates-tp-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, im using V4.34. I can repeat this test if you guys come up with a patch to combine the motion somehow, it would be a nice feature. But no worries if you guys reach a dead end, im pretty happy with it the way it is running now.

While we are on the subject of the Trajectory planner, are you guys still planning on adding the low pass filter to the trajectory planner someday? Still really hoping we get to see that on a future release sometime.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

Say running the GCode with your TP settings I'm getting different times.

With Facet Angle 0.5 degrees - 66 Seconds
    With Facet Angle 5.0 degrees - 42 Seconds

I can understand my 0.5 degrees being faster than your 2 minutes as my PC and USB might be faster.

But I don't understand the 5 degrees being slower than your 30 seconds. If no PC or USB limitation our times should be the same.

There are some extra rapid moves at the beginning and end. Are you including those in your measurements?

Also please post your Init file so I have the exact same Rapid speeds.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

Yes, I eliminated the rapids and m code time to give a more direct comparison of the code we are concerned about. I just took an approximate time from the 2 videos of 4th axis rotating. Just had a second look, seems like its closer to 34 seconds for the 5 degree video.

Yes, your right again. Im using a fairly low end Windows 7 computer on my machine. All I had at the time, and stuck with it as its been getting the job done. Looks like a better computer would have helped here.

See attached init file. I have a lot of things going on in my init file. Not sure if that can be slowing down things as well.

Mark

Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12