Custom Screen Editor Questions

Thread: Custom Screen Editor Questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Custom Screen Editor Questions

Hi Tom,
    I just updated to Kmotion 4.3.4 from 4.3.4H. I was messing around with the screen editor and noticed that the DRO numbers seem to be smaller on my display TV (50”) then they used to be and also I can’t change what the buttons say at all in any of the pre defined push buttons.

A few questions:
    Is there a way for me to be able to change the font size in the DRO so that it fills my whole DRO box?
    Is there a way to change the wording in the buttons? Like the zero button, its all lower case, can I add capitals myself?
    With the screen editor, I cant find a way to make my own screen from scratch, I can only hide or unhide items from the screen templates you already have in place, is it possible to make my own and add buttons as I wish?
    I like the DualPane3AxisSplit screen where I can switch between Gcode viewer and preview screen, is there a way to make that 5 axis compatible or add that button to my existing screen?
    Is there a way to have a status light switch states based on what a I/O is doing? Similar to the red/green status change of a button, but instead of it be user click driven I want the light to just display what state of the I/O. Is this a possibility? Like I would like to add tool change, limit switch and estop indication lights if possible.

None of these are issues for me, just nice to have improvements. I’ve attached my screen for your review.

Thanks,
    Dan

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Custom Screen Editor Questions

Hi Dan,

Here is the screen I see (although I had to change the main dialog size to 1950 x 1000)

Custom Screen Editor Questions-ronscreen-jpg

Is there a way for me to be able to change the font size in the DRO so that it fills my whole DRO box?
    Yes. Select the DRO's in the Screen Editor change the font size and push "Set". Here is size 56:

Custom Screen Editor Questions-rondrobig-png

Is there a way to change the wording in the buttons? Like the zero button, its all lower case, can I add capitals myself?
    Yes, change the control style from undefined to "Pushbutton" and you should be ble to change the text.

Custom Screen Editor Questions-ronstyle-png

With the screen editor, I cant find a way to make my own screen from scratch, I can only hide or unhide items from the screen templates you already have in place, is it possible to make my own and add buttons as I wish?
    Not really. The screens currently consist of a fixed set of controls. But this should allow you to make any screen you desire. To start from "scratch" select all the controls and Hide them.

I like the DualPane3AxisSplit screen where I can switch between Gcode viewer and preview screen, is there a way to make that 5 axis compatible or add that button to my existing screen?
    Yes. Edit the screen set to show the controls for the other axes.

Is there a way to have a status light switch states based on what a I/O is doing? Similar to the red/green status change of a button, but instead of it be user click driven I want the light to just display what state of the I/O. Is this a possibility? Like I would like to add tool change, limit switch and estop indication lights if possible.
    Yes change the Style to "Label", Set 2 bitmap images, Set the Var to the Bit number that will switch between images.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Tom!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom;
    Im developing a 6 axis wire edm , and will like to change the DRO LABELS to XYZAUV , can it be done? if so please guide me...
    thanks
    Mariano

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mariano,

There are currently 6 special DRO labels for XYZABC. Could you use those?

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom; thank you for the prompt answer
    The standard axis naming for wire edm is XYZUV , and if I change that I will have to change the axis definition in the cam package$$.
    at the moment kmotion is the only software that could reverse the feed until a given state is attained.
    regards
    Mariano

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Mariano,

There are currently 6 special DRO labels for XYZABC. Could you use those?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mariano,

Why not change the axis definitions in the cam package?

Do you really need DRO's for UV?

You can implement your own readouts using DROLabels in the screen editor.

Otherwise KMotionCNC's source code would need to be modified to add two more standard DROs

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi tom;
    perhaps I have not expressed myself properly;
    what I need to have is a total of 6 axis in the readout , X,Y,Z,A,U,V , And I need readouts for all of them , in U and V case because they are used for alignment of the
    the wire in the X And Y Axis , and mostly they are used to cut tapers. Also I need that U ,and V ,Axis definition in Kmotioncnc ,to interpret the commands given by the cam package.
    the machine is still in development stage for a few months (I hope) an the U,V,A, axis are going tho be installed but won't be implemented at the beginning
    Thank you for your support
    Mariano

Hi Mariano,

Why not change the axis definitions in the cam package?

Do you really need DRO's for UV?

You can implement your own readouts using DROLabels in the screen editor.

Otherwise KMotionCNC's source code would need to be modified to add two more standard DROs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mariano,

what I need to have is a total of 6 axis in the readout , X,Y,Z,A,U,V , And I need readouts for all of them , in U and V case because they are used for alignment of the
    the wire in the X And Y Axis , and mostly they are used to cut tapers.
    It still isn't clear to me why you can't use B and C instead of U and V. That would provide you with 6 axes of readout.

Also I need that U ,and V ,Axis definition in Kmotioncnc ,to interpret the commands given by the cam package.
    U and V are currently supported by the GCode Interpreter, Coordinated Motion Libraries, KFLOP, etc. Only KMotionCNC is lacking DROs and Jog buttons for them.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mariano,

It still isn't clear to me why you can't use B and C instead of U and V. That would provide you with 6 axes of readout.

U and V are currently supported by the GCode Interpreter, Coordinated Motion Libraries, KFLOP, etc. Only KMotionCNC is lacking DROs and Jog buttons for them.
    Hi Tom;
    does it means that KMotionCNC will interpret a command like G00 U20.V10. and those axis will move? and the readout of B and C will show the movement ?
    regards
    Mariano

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mariano,

No the B and C DROs show the position of B and C. The simplest solution would be to change the GCode to B and C.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mariano,

No the B and C DROs show the position of B and C. The simplest solution would be to change the GCode to B and C.
    Thank you Tom, looks like that the next few months are going to be a busy ones, meanwhile if I got the U and V axis going , I will edit the post output, not very elegant way , but that is all my limited brains can do for the time being
    thank you for all your help
    Mariano