Need Help! Kflop/Kanalog to DMM Dyn4 connection types - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kflop/Kanalog to DMM Dyn4 connection types

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kflop/Kanalog to DMM Dyn4 connection types

Hi mactec54,

if you are building a CNC machine you don't want to be using torque control for normal running of X Y Z axes
    I'm curious why you would think this. Are you referring to the Driver? Or just noting there has to be a position loop somewhere?

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi mactec54,

I'm curious why you would think this. Are you referring to the Driver? Or just noting there has to be a position loop somewhere?
    Yes Servo Drive

Velocity control is what most all manufactures use or a combination of velocity and torque, as Yaskawa and other can do

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    if you are building a CNC machine you don't want to be using torque control for normal running of X Y Z axes
    Im running my machine in torque mode and very happy with the results. Lots of people use snapamp in torque mode with good results too.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Im running my machine in torque mode and very happy with the results. Lots of people use snapamp in torque mode with good results too.
    Torque mode can work very well it just depends what you want out of your machine and how you want it to perform, most Hobby users would not notice any differance

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Torque mode can work very well it just depends what you want out of your machine and how you want it to perform, most Hobby users would not notice any differance
    Velocity mode drives are common and can simplify tuning the position loop for beginners, but I don’t believe there is any technical advantage over handling the velocity term in the drive vs the controller.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Velocity mode drives are common and can simplify tuning the position loop for beginners, but I don’t believe there is any technical advantage over handling the velocity term in the drive vs the controller.
    I never said there was, and would hope there was no difference, the only difference I know of, is you can have a simple control, and much quicker to get up and running

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,

Despite being a bit more difficult to tune, torque mode drive setups have the advantage that the controller "knows" the
    applied torque which means you know how much torque headroom is available in your system.
    Torque mode also allows you to monitor cutting forces, or bound torque for "crash" type homing schemes

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    Despite being a bit more difficult to tune, torque mode drive setups have the advantage that the controller "knows" the
    applied torque which means you know how much torque headroom is available in your system.
    Torque mode also allows you to monitor cutting forces, or bound torque for "crash" type homing schemes
    Hi PCW_MESA,

I don't think this is an exclusive advantage of torque mode drive setups over the other setups as some controllers (e.g. the DYN4) can produce an analog voltage output proportional to the current applied to the motor. This voltage can be fed back to the controller and used to calculate and monitor the motor torque output.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sure some drives can do this, also newer Fieldbus (EtherCAT Etc)
    connected drives can include torque information in the real time process data

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12