Kflop Board not seen by Kmotion

Thread: Kflop Board not seen by Kmotion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kflop Board not seen by Kmotion

Hello Tom,
    I am retrofitting a machine at work, and I can't seem to connect to Kflop. I downloaded the latest Kmotion build and installed it on my laptop, which is running Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. When I installed the software Microsoft visual C++ would not install because I had previous versions installed (basically every year but 2015 if that makes a difference?) Other than that, I am at a loss. The board was purchased a couple of years back and has never been used. It powers up normally (I am supplying power through Kstep J6 and have Kflop J3 removed). If I try powering 5v via Kflop, it still is not recognized. Any help here is appreciated!
    Thanks
    Spank

edit: I also just tried connecting to another computer in the shop, and it won't connect either. On that machine I uninstalled all previous instances of MS Visual C++ so that the 2015 version required by kmotion would install...

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by spank; 10-29-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kflop Board not seen by Kmotion

Hi spank,

The Microsoft redistributables would be an issue with the App not being able to run rather than not being able to connect.

Not being able to connect would be a USB Driver or hardware problem.

Check with windows Device manager if the Driver is properly loaded. If not right-click and select Update Driver.

See also.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Also See

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Tom,

I never got a popup regarding the Kflop driver once the board was connected via USB. Not sure what is going on there, but the PC doesn't seem to be seeing anything. The port works fine with other devices connected. Kflop is able to power up via USB when I disconnect Kstep and put J3 back in, but it still recognize that a device has been connected. I am going to try connecting to the Kflop on my home machine tomorrow to see what happens.

-Spank

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi spank,

Check what is shown in Windows Device Manager. If nothing, then that would suggest KFLOP is bad and not a valid USB device.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Tom,

I connected this laptop to my machine at home, and the driver window did not pop up again. I was however able to see the device in the list and eventually install the drivers manually, although I have to say that doing this has been made an onerous task for some reason on Windows 10... Hopefully I shouldn't have any issues when I get back to work tomorrow, but I don't remember seeing Kflop in the list of connected devices. I that case could the board be repaired? As I said, it has never been used has just been installed in the machine.

-Spank

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Spank,

I assume you have 2 KFLOPs? One at home and one at work?

If the KFLOP powers up and the LED's blink then it has a high chance of being good unless the USB port has been damaged. You might also try using a known good USB cable.

Its not cost effective to have KFLOPs repaired.

Regards

I was drawn to this thread by the same symptoms the original poster (OP) mentioned. Turned out I hadn't pushed the USB Type B connector all the way into KFLOP's J1.

Thanks for your relentless support Tom!