G code error - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G code error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G code error

Quote Originally Posted by mirocha View Post
    Ran chkdsk on thumb drive and hard drive no errors.
    I do eject I do not just pull out thumb drives.
    I did buy a new thumb drive and will use the new one.
    Pin 16 o JP11 is connected to chassis/earth ground I will remove that.
    The wire for the analog +/- 10vdc is shielded but is ground at the vfd side only as per the Delta C200 instructions should I disconnect the shield from the vfd side and connect it to the Kanalog side?
    I did not change any stings in the vfd.
    All cables are rated for machine use.
    I bought a Samsung solid state hard drive and will change out the hard drive in the computer, just think that would be better for a machine environment, maybe over kill, if problem persists I will try another computer after I fix all the other stuff.
    The power cable from the vfd and motor is shielded, bought as a vfd shielded cable from uargra however I did not ground the cable shield at either end, I will do that.
    The cables to the limit switches are twisted shielded and chassis grounded on one end at the control panel, is that proper?
    The cables to the stepper motors are twisted shield cables grounded on one end at the control panel, is that proper?
    The negative side of the power supplies feeding the Gecko drives feeding the stepper motors are chassis grounded on the negative side in the control cabinet, is that proper?
    The usb cable is draped over a gecko drive, I will move that. Should I get a usb isolator or wait and see if the other fixes solve the problem or is it just a good practice to use an isolator?

Please let me know about the questions I asked and I will let you know the results, It will take me a week or two to getter done.

Thanks Joe
    For Shield Termination is the most important part of your wiring

Shields should not be terminated to anything but a Grounded / Earth plane snips below will help you understand how Shields need to be terminated

Depending on your spindle plug type as to how the shield can be terminated

Shields should not be connect to a Breakout board unless it has a built in termination post like in the snips

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G code error-grounding-shields-3-png   G code error-shield-clamp-png   G code error-shield-clamp-3-png   G code error-shield-grounding-png  

G code error-shield-clamp-7-png   G code error-grounding-shields-5-png   G code error-gounding-post-case-png  
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12