G code viewer questions...

Thread: G code viewer questions...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G code viewer questions...

Hi Tom,

I have a few questions about the g code viewer. Honestly I haven't used the g code viewer much but after playing with the transfrom low pass filter ive been finding it handy.

1. On my mill I cant seem to get any toolpaths to display at all? I can only use the g-code viewer on my office computer. If i click settings they appear to be the same, but nothing shows up on my mill? Any ideas? Do i have some settings wrong or could a custom screen be causing it?

2. Is this showing the G-code or the path after its ran through the trajectory planner? If i change TP settings I see the same result, but in your video here it shows the results of the changes. Are you doing something different here? How are you viewing the changes in the trajectory planner?

3. Is there any other way to zoom other then mouse wheel? If not could the increments be smaller? I find things tend to be too small and then one more increment and its off the screen.

Thanks.

Mark

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G code viewer questions...

Hi Mark,

On my mill I cant seem to get any toolpaths to display at all? I can only use the g-code viewer on my office computer. If i click settings they appear to be the same, but nothing shows up on my mill? Any ideas? Do i have some settings wrong or could a custom screen be causing it?
    If you are using the Screen Editor then the path is directed to the GViewer on the Main Screen rather than the separate resizable screen. You will need to switch to a Standard Screen Face or enable the GViewer Control on one of your Screens.

Is this showing the G-code or the path after its ran through the trajectory planner?
    Yes

If i change TP settings I see the same result, but in your video here it shows the results of the changes. Are you doing something different here? How are you viewing the changes in the trajectory planner?
    You must actually run a Job to see the Trajectory Planned Result.

Is there any other way to zoom other then mouse wheel? If not could the increments be smaller? I find things tend to be too small and then one more increment and its off the screen.
    Yes. See the help:
    G Code Viewer Screen

Click and drag the right mouse Button to translate closer or farther.

After 3 seconds of moving the resolution increases.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Mark,

If you are using the Screen Editor then the path is directed to the GViewer on the Main Screen rather than the separate resizable screen. You will need to switch to a Standard Screen Face or enable the GViewer Control on one of your Screens.

Yes

You must actually run a Job to see the Trajectory Planned Result.

Yes. See the help:
    G Code Viewer Screen

Click and drag the right mouse Button to translate closer or farther.

After 3 seconds of moving the resolution increases.
    Ok, how do I enable the GViewer Control from a custom screen? I have the button there to open the G viewer, and it opens and looks fine, just doesnt show the toolpaths. It is a screen issue for sure, tried a custom screen on my office computer and it stopped working. I attached my custom screen if you want to take a look.

Right mouse button is working for zoom, thanks I missed that somehow.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

By popular demand when using a Custom Screen the GCode Viewer is now part of the main dialog screen and all path info is directed to and displayed there instead of the separate GViewer Screen.

If you "Show" the GCode Viewer Control on your Screen it should show the tool paths. You might hide the button that brings up the separate GViewer Screen.

See this video.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok i was wondering how you got it to change from code to viewer to split, but I see now how you did it with 3 seperate screens. Cool.

So if I want i can just make 2 or 3 versions of my screen and configure an unused label button to switch between them? So all i need to do is put "SScript:ScreenName.scr" under script to get the button to switch screens?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

So if I want i can just make 2 or 3 versions of my screen and configure an unused label button to switch between them? So all i need to do is put "SScript:ScreenName.scr" under script to get the button to switch screens?
    Yes. You can also use the '>' browse button to configure the action and browse for the screen script file to format that syntax for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok Tom, I got the viewer working now. Havent got it switching screens yet, ill try that tomorrow.

One more question, it seems like the Front and Side views are rotated? The Z axis should be vertical in these views but its horizontal on mine?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mark,

One more question, it seems like the Front and Side views are rotated? The Z axis should be vertical in these views but its horizontal on mine?
    Those views were more for a Lathe. Please see if this patch for non-lathe mode works better for you. This has the Transform Change as well for V4.34:

http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...KMotionCNC.exe
    http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...nterpreter.dll

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Mark,

Those views were more for a Lathe. Please see if this patch for non-lathe mode works better for you. This has the Transform Change as well for V4.34:

http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...KMotionCNC.exe
    http://dynomotion.com/Software/Patch...nterpreter.dll
    Hi Tom,

I finally got around to trying these files. When I hit front view or side view now, it just shows a green screen without any tool paths. I tried zooming out but cant seem to find the part again.

I was able to create two separate screens and get them to switch between each other by clicking a button. This is working well

One more thing, before I finish everything up with screen editor, would it be possible to add a "Next Tool" button? That would be very handy if it wasnt much trouble. Basically one button to click that would search for the next M06 and make that the next line. That would save me sooo much time when running certain operations over to bring things out to size. Thanks again.

Mark

- Also, machine has been running fine since, I will post back if it acts up again.