How to abort MoveExp()

Thread: How to abort MoveExp()

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to abort MoveExp()

Hi,

quick question, what is a right way to abort motion of MoveExp() ? Should we use Jog(ch,0)?

In my situation here is 2 axes - one following another with second loop which represent following error at output ch2->Output

when follower is far away I use

ch0->Dest += ch2->Output;

which seems to give best response to large disturbances, but when I'm very close to target it produces overshoots and MoveExp() seems to be better.
    Intention is to write:

if (ch2->Output < SomeLimit)
    {
    MoveExp(ch0, ch2->Output * gain , TAU);
    } else
    {
    Jog(ch0,0); // <================== is that good to abort unfinished MoveExp()?
    ch0->Dest += ch2->Output;
    }

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to abort MoveExp()

Hi funding33,

You can use Jog to zero (stop asap from current situation), or Move() to some position.

I don't follow how you have things configured. Or why you would want to "abort the MoveExp()"

But regarding your code:

#1 - you probably would want an absolute value in the 'if' condition or:

if (ch2->Output < SomeLimit && ch2->Output > -SomeLimit)

#2 unlike MoveExp, Move or Jog should not be called continuously. Only call it once when needed or no sooner than every ~50ms since the last call.

#3 the Jog(ch0,0) doesn't stop/abort motion instantly. Instead it plans a trajectory to come to a stop that will take time based on current velocity and Acceleration and Jerk limits. During this time ch0->Dest will be driven by this trajectory, so you should not also be changing it.

You might try try tuning the ch0 axis with a Lead Filter or Derivative Gain to reduce overshoot.