Does KmotionCNC simulator support trajectory planner? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does KmotionCNC simulator support trajectory planner?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Does KmotionCNC simulator support trajectory planner?

Hi Mark,

No sorry we haven't. thanks for reminding us. It would be nice to have at least one other User show interest and try it.

Also trying to determine the best way for it to be accomplished and at what level.

There is already a mechanism to subdivide segments and arcs. But instead of dividing in half recursively as done currently, I think it should be changed to divide by N in order to get more equal length segments like in the Transform method we tried. Otherwise the segment lengths can vary by a factor of 2.

There is also a mechanism to delay/buffer the segments to see if they can be combined which I believe is similar to the what would be needed for filtering. Which also includes detection of where the path ends and any uncombined segments need to be flushed/processed.

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody else out there think this is worthwhile or is it just me? There may be a number of users who are not experienced with the industrial controllers and do not fully understand the benefits of this type of toolpath smoothing. But I think it makes a lot of sense and there must be some value to it as all the big guys like Fanuc, Mazak, Haas, etc are using it.

Im not too sure on the details of implementing it. But the transform method we tried did seem to work very well. Did exactly what I wanted and what I was used to seeing on other controllers. Only thing different id like to see different is have it proportional to time or feedrate instead of a fixed amount of smoothing. As i mentioned before it don't make sense to apply large amounts of smoothing when feeding slowly when the machine can easily follow the exact path very closely anyway. And its great to just program a slower feedrate to ensure a critical feature gets machined as close as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Anybody else out there think this is worthwhile or is it just me? There may be a number of users who are not experienced with the industrial controllers and do not fully understand the benefits of this type of toolpath smoothing. But I think it makes a lot of sense and there must be some value to it as all the big guys like Fanuc, Mazak, Haas, etc are using it.
    I don't currently own a Kflop - but having this feature seems like a good idea and would help persuade me to purchase one to convert my 4020 Fadal

www.hilo90mhz.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12