Adding a 4th axis and have a few questions... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adding a 4th axis and have a few questions...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Adding a 4th axis and have a few questions...

Hi mmurray70,

Strange. I tested here and with the Init Hotkey set to 120 I had the problem and changing to -1 no longer did. Please post a screen shot of your Tool Setup Screens so we can check and try to duplicate. Are you using a custom screen script?

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Got it working now. Not sure why -1 wouldnt work, but i changed init user button to the code for F8, i think it might have been 119. And now f9 works properly to start spindle. So even though it was showing -1 for init hotkey it was still using F9 for some reason. Oh well at least its working now. Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom, looks like theres still an issue here with the hotkeys. Seems like its not actually loading the values I have entered for the hotkeys for some reason.

When i first load kmotioncnc, F9 still runs init instead of starting my spindle. And i have the insert key configured to set tool length offset, this doesnt work either. Just does nothing when i push insert. If I simply hit Tool setup, go to user buttons and hit ok, without even changing anything, it all works perfectly.

If i exit kmotioncnc and open again same thing, F9 runs init and my tool length "insert" key does nothing until i go to user button page and hit OK. I am using a custom screen, not sure if this could be related. Strange nobody else has ran into this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mmurray70,

I suspect the Screen Script is the issue. The User Button Hot Keys in the Screen Script, and the Hot Keys in the Tool Setup, are probably are in conflict. So when KMotionCNC starts up and loads the Screen Script they are set as in the Screen Script. When Tool Setup closes they change to what's currently set in Tool Setup. Something we hadn't properly considered which is confusing. I see Hide/Show of the User Buttons has a similar issue. We'll work on coming up with a better solution. We're open for ideas. For now please try setting the Screen Script to match what you desire.

Regards

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

That was the problem. I didnt realize the hotkeys were also specified by screen editor. Yeah seems like you might want to set all this info under tool setup and just have the screen editor change the position/appearance of the buttons only.

Its all working good for now with the numbers from tool setup and custom screen matching up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi mmurray70,

That looks reasonable to me. Except the Integrator limit might be still set low at 400 DAC counts when sometimes 1200 DAC counts is required to do the motion.

I normally use a 2nd order low pass filter with Q=1.4

Nice. Waiting for the Video

Regards
    Everythings working great now Tom, Took a little video tonight of a part I was running, sorry for the wait. Program isnt optimized, only needed 5 parts but shows the 4th axis working well. This was just an indexing job, not full fourth but still cool. Its locking and unlocking with M codes that are included with post processor. Dont have to edit the code at all.

Heres a link to video on my google drive. Let me know if this doesnt work. Also attached a pic of the part after finishing this operation. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1icX...ew?usp=sharing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adding a 4th axis and have a few questions...-20180804_205415-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mmurray70,

Beautiful. Do you mind if we put that on our YouTube Channel?

But you forgot to do the rigid tapping.

Thanks

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah sure if you want. Try and save it somehow as I may end up deleting it from google drive someday. Im wishing now that I had fixed up the program and moved tools closer together to make it look more impressive. The orientation failed once in that video too lol. Thats due to old VFD though, not the control.

No rigid tapping sorry. Those are NPT ports and I get a nicer finish thread milling then I do with a tap. The thread milling is at 2:30. This part would probably have been fine with a tap thought since its only aluminum. I use the rigid tapping all the time for normal threads, working great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mmurray70,

Ah, I missed the thread milling. Here it is uploaded to YouTube.

Thanks again.

Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123