Need Help! Canned C Program For Rotating Coordinate System To Match Stock

Thread: Canned C Program For Rotating Coordinate System To Match Stock

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Canned C Program For Rotating Coordinate System To Match Stock

My machine: 3 axis Techno Isel ~49inch x ~69 inch gantry style router table. Running the stock Techno Isel servos and motor drivers all wired up to a KFLOP/KANALOG board.

What I would like to do is write a program that allows me to adjust the XY coordinate plane to match the orientation of my stock.

In other words, I would like to push a button, touch off one corner of my stock, touch off a second corner of my stock, mathematically draw a straight line between those two points, compare that straight line to the XY machine coordinate system, and finally rotate the machine coordinate system to match.

This would allow me (I think) to quickly clamp a piece of stock to my table, run this canned program and then run the G-Code for my part. Therefore, I would no longer need to get out the dial indicator or build a fixture jig to ensure my stock is squared to the table properly before cutting my part(s).

Has anyone done something like this? I'm not even sure what a program like this would be called and I've had a rough time digging up useful information. That said, I would classify my coding ability closer to a script kiddie than anything else. If I have a couple examples to look at or insight into which libraries or functions to research, I can usually figure it out.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for everyone's time!

-Sean

--

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Canned C Program For Rotating Coordinate System To Match Stock

What you need to use is the Geometric Correction capability - Geo Correction Table

There is a good example of GeoCorrection in use, along with a video demonstration using a camera at KMotionCNC Fiducial Alignment

And the topic was covered recently on the Yahoo Group, with an example where the user enters the angle of rotation needed (scroll down to the last post) - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...s/topics/15325
    It doesn't do quite what you need it to, and will need adapted to use two probing moves, but that shouldn't be too hard. If you're stuck, just post back, and I'm sure somebody will help with the required edits to that last example (I'd do it, but I'd have to go and remember how to do a probing move in C)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Canned C Program For Rotating Coordinate System To Match Stock

That's exactly what I needed! Thank you very much m_c!

It'll probably take me a few days to get this shorted. I'll let you know if I run into any roadblocks. Otherwise, I'll post my final code once I get it functional for anyone interested.

--