Build Thread Tree325 Retrofit Started - Page 26

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Thread: Tree325 Retrofit Started

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tree325 Retrofit Started

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Hi Peter, Hows everything else going with the machine? Have you cut any test parts yet?
    Hello Mark,

Yes, I did a 3D cutter path of a knife handle in a 2X4 piece of wood and I was very happy with the results. I forge knives and need scales (handles) for them. I like to model them and cut them via CNC.

Here is a video (zip file 168mb) of the machine cutting.

The cutter path in the video is running at 40 IPM and I saw excellent matching from one direction to another direction in this tool path.

I have not cut any steel yet to check circle/parallel patterns or dimensional for size. Still working on getting cooling pump working.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Does your machine have home switches? Probably not a bad idea to set them up, would make for a better setup. I'm sort of using your method of soft limits and it is working but you need to be careful not to forget about anything. My fadal wasnt fitted with home or limit switches, it has marks on each axis for home position and originally it used these marks and the encoder index only for homing. I simply line these marks up before powering off the machine. When i start it up I verify each mark and when i power up I know everything is zero. Later I setup a user button to move back to 0,0,0 before shutting down and its normally right on position when i power up again the next day.

Still plan on adding home switches some day, but this is working well enough for now that i keep putting it off.
    This is exactly how I will be using my machine for now; however, I do have limit switches on all axis form the original Journeyman Tree 325 design that are still working as designed apart form the KFLOP/KMotion retrofit. I was encouraged by Tom long ago to keep these in place ... and I did and they work great so I do not need to be too concerned about over-traveling and destroying something. At this point I have to manually move the axis off the limit once it is hit and re-set the amp/kmotion.

So I will be using these soft-limits like you ... by putting the machine at these reference marks and re-setting the raw machine position to zero. Then before shutting the machine off I would return the axis to this reference position.

J325 Quick Links:

Machine
    Existing Machine Schematics
    Electronic Cabinet-Right Side
    Electronic Cabinet-Back SIde
    Existing Drive Board SD1525-10
    J325 Servo Drive-SD1525 Manual
    3-Phase Rotary Convert Used
    RickB's J325 Retrofit Wiring
    KFLOP 5VDC/15Watt/3A Power Supply
    KANALOG Mounted & Connected
    Kmotion - Axis Encoder Manual Test of Position via Manual Movement
    Kanalog-Encoder Voltage High/Low Checks & 1KOhm Resister
    Kmotion Configuration Screens "RUN-AWAY"
    Tree Journeyman 325 Designed Specs.
    Tree Journeyman 325 Axis-Tension Frequency Settings
    Final Axis Tuned Error Parameters
    VFD Wiring to Existing Tree325 Old Controller
    DAC Values to RPM / Voltage Checks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post

#2 the Coordinate System is probably already defined by your Init Program
    Yes ... it is I just left this in since I am thinking it will should not hurt anything being here as well.

That code assumes you will zero when the machine is at the center, back, up position. Is that what you plan to do?
    Yes ... this is correct. This position is the original Journeymen Tree 325 reference position ... has arrows to line up on X & Y axis and I bring the Z-axis quill up to about .250" from the machines head-stock face.

That soft limit code is somewhat old. It disables the axes when the software limits are entered. It then tries to automatically enable every 2 seconds to allow you to move back out of the limits. Is that the way you want it to work? Since you have encoders the EnableAxisDest should be changed to enable to the current position chx->Position rather than the last commanded destination.

If you get something that works the way you like it can be added to your Init program.
    Question ..... Is there a newer simple soft-limit C-code I could be using for my encoders in the "C:\KMotion434j\C Programs" directory?

Question ... How/what can I use for NC code to move the all the axis back to raw machine zero, which in most cases will be difference that the working NC zero?

Thanks,

J325 Quick Links:

Machine
    Existing Machine Schematics
    Electronic Cabinet-Right Side
    Electronic Cabinet-Back SIde
    Existing Drive Board SD1525-10
    J325 Servo Drive-SD1525 Manual
    3-Phase Rotary Convert Used
    RickB's J325 Retrofit Wiring
    KFLOP 5VDC/15Watt/3A Power Supply
    KANALOG Mounted & Connected
    Kmotion - Axis Encoder Manual Test of Position via Manual Movement
    Kanalog-Encoder Voltage High/Low Checks & 1KOhm Resister
    Kmotion Configuration Screens "RUN-AWAY"
    Tree Journeyman 325 Designed Specs.
    Tree Journeyman 325 Axis-Tension Frequency Settings
    Final Axis Tuned Error Parameters
    VFD Wiring to Existing Tree325 Old Controller
    DAC Values to RPM / Voltage Checks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi PeterTheWolf,

Question ..... Is there a newer simple soft-limit C-code I could be using for my encoders in the "C:\KMotion434j\C Programs" directory?
    See the AdjustSoftLimits.c and AdjustSoftLimitsTest.c example that start stopping depending on speed to not overshoot specified limits.

Question ... How/what can I use for NC code to move the all the axis back to raw machine zero, which in most cases will be difference that the working NC zero?
    You can use G53 to move in machine coordinates. Such as:

G53 Z0
    G53 X0Y0

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526