Build Thread Taig CNC-Controller Replacement-Dynomotion Suggestion - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Taig CNC-Controller Replacement-Dynomotion Suggestion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taig CNC-Controller Replacement-Dynomotion Suggestion

Tom,

I do not think I understand how I need to connect a relay to KFLOP correctly.

I want to use the following relay to turn the 110VAC Spindle Motor on this Tiag machine on and off with M03/M05 command from the NC code / KmotionCNC.

I have read over the manuals on KFLOP and KSTEP; however, reading and understanding electric Schematics and understanding what I am looking is still weak.

Visuals diagrams really help me connect the "dots" .............. So, Can I please have you verify how I think this relay should be connect to KLOP?

Taig CNC-Controller Replacement-Dynomotion Suggestion-5v_relay_connected_to_kflop_wiring-jpg LINK to Word Doc. File

Taig CNC Machine Quick Links

KFLOP Power Suppy

Stepper Motor Power Supply Used

Stepper Motor Used on Taig

Taig CNC Machine Counter Weight Design

Taig CNC Machine Counter Weight Design - 3D STEP File

Word Doc. of my Calculation for the Trajectory Planner

Word Doc. E6 Optical Kit Encoder

Relay Connection to KFLOP

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Peter,

OMG 8 relay driver boards for $12 with free shipping. How do they do this?

I think your connections would likely work and could not possibly cause any damage.

But technically it is out of specification to connect that to a KFLOP 3.3V LVTTL IO pin. Under full load of 16ma a KFLOP output is guaranteed to be greater than 2.4V. The Relay board specification claims it needs 3-5V to guarantee to turn on. The relay board also claims it needs up to 5ma to turn on. Furthermore the KFLOP IO pin you have chosen has a pull down resistor of 150ohms that consumes most all of the 16ma leaving little for something else.

If you were to choose IO 34 or 35 (pins 15 or 16) there aren't any pull down resistors so the full 16ma would be available. Under a load of 5ma (instead of 16ma) the output would likely be higher than 2.4V but still there is no guarantee it would be 3V or higher. Most likely it would be. You could verify with a voltmeter if it actually is 3V or higher.

Another option is to use the KStep Relay Driver Outputs. See Relay Driver Outputs here. When switching a 5V signal these will output 4V or more at up to 100ma so would easily drive the input. But it wouldn't be clear what the input would be when "off" (open circuit). The Relay board specification claims the input must be less than 1.5V to be off. if the voltage on the input is above 1.5V with an open circuit then a pull down resistor would be needed to guarantee turning off.

Sorry for no simple answer

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Peter,

Wow 300mm 5um resolution linear scale for $50 + shipping? I couldn't find the pinout but it says TTL/EIA422 (differential) so it should work.
    Ok ... I purchased this Linear Scale Encoder for the X-axis and Here is the PINOUT

Taig CNC-Controller Replacement-Dynomotion Suggestion-pinout_linearscale-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post

Yes it is compatible. Purchase the differential output because it can then be connected to either a single ended input or a differential input. KFLOP only has single ended inputs. If you have noise problems you can add differential inputs (Kanalog, SnapAmp, or 3rd party differential receivers).
    Tom, Will it be easier for me to get the Kanalog board for getting the three axis connected to KFLOP/KSTEP on this project?

I also may add a VFD spindle motor. The Kanalog will be needed for this... right?

Thanks,

Taig CNC Machine Quick Links

KFLOP Power Suppy

Stepper Motor Power Supply Used

Stepper Motor Used on Taig

Taig CNC Machine Counter Weight Design

Taig CNC Machine Counter Weight Design - 3D STEP File

Word Doc. of my Calculation for the Trajectory Planner

Word Doc. E6 Optical Kit Encoder

Relay Connection to KFLOP

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Peter,

Tom, Will it be easier for me to get the Kanalog board for getting the three axis connected to KFLOP/KSTEP on this project?
    Kanalog is required to connect to KFLOP's JP7 connector. Adding a Kanalog will require you to remove KStep from JP7 and you will lose the extra KStep IO (16 opto inputs, 2 opto outputs, and analog output). So although Kanalog adds differential inputs for the encoder, and screw terminals and other IO which would be helpful, it is probably simpler to add differential inputs some other way.

I also may add a VFD spindle motor. The Kanalog will be needed for this... right?
    KStep has an opto isolated analog output for this,

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234