Kmotion CNC command issue

Thread: Kmotion CNC command issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Kmotion CNC command issue

Hi,

I'm retrofitting Kflop onto a four-axis filament winder, retaining the original motor drives and using Kflop's closed loop control. After some time I've got all axes tuned and calibrated for distance, but I'm now having a problem in the Kmotion CNC window.

Initialize and all jogging directions are working, but when I try to enter a command such as 'G0 X0' a window pops up with " G Code Error Unknown attribute dP in setup file" (where P is actually a backwards P/paragraph type character). Trying the same action again, the message contains a backwards arrow character. I can't find these characters in my configuration file, could they be hidden? I've tried another initialization file we have here (which is for a 3-axis router) without allowing physical motion but I still get the attribute error.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Graham.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kmotion CNC command issue-attribte-error-png   Kmotion CNC command issue-attribte-error-2-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Kmotion CNC command issue

Hi Graham,

What file do you have configured in Tool Setup l Tool/Setup Files l Setup File ?

Does it contain those characters?

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply.

Good suggestion, but after a bit of poking around I've found the problem with me. I had misinterpreted what the 'Setup file' was supposed to do and had it pointing at the initialization file for the machine. Changing the address back to 'Default.set' has it working better.

Thanks again,
    Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

New issue,

If I zero the machine, then jog a few mm off and send a 'G1 X0 F10' command I'm getting a soft limit X+ error. All the soft limits are set to +/-1e009, and X travel takes 8000 counts/inch. More mysterious to me is why a single 'G1 Y0 F10' command also brings up a soft limit in X.

Any thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham,

Do you have any of your Axis counts/inch negative?

Post a screen shot of your Tool Setup | Trajectory Planner Screen

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

Yes, I did have the X axis counts negative. Switching back to positive, and reversing the signs on the input and output gains has motion working, and in the desired direction. I've included the trajectory planner (with X positive) in case there's something else you see.
    Thanks,
    GrahamKmotion CNC command issue-trajectory-planner-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham,

Everything looks reasonable to me assuming you don't have an A or B Axis.

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

Could you explain more about A/B? I have both; the A is spindle and B is a rotary eye, rotating about the y axis. The machine works in a manner similar to threading on a lathe, so this made more sense than setting a spindle speed and attempting to sync the other axes to it. I'm finding that the velocity (deg/sec) seems to be the limiting factor on feed speed at the moment. Very little B rotation should be needed in practice and I've got a cranky amp on B, so it's mostly being left for now.

Graham

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Graham,

I'm not sure I understand that. But you might want to set the Radius for the A and B axes to 0. That will cause them to be pure angular axes and not impact the feedrate when they are moved with xyz.

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

Perhaps this should be a new thread, but it's the same machine so I'll start here. I've got an external control panel which I'm using for Kill switch, to enable the amplifiers, and power up Kflop. I was hoping to use the additional buttons to interface to KmotionCNC as jogging commands, and to activate the start/hold button. For this I've connected the 5V signals into opto inputs, but can't figure the best way to implement the jog etc.
    I was thinking about while statements and moving the relevant axis, but preventing jogging while a G code program is executing would be nice.
    What would be the best way to tap into the Kmotion CNC jogs and start/pause?
    Kmotion CNC command issue-dscf1907-jpg