Need Help! K2cnc spindle stopped for KG-4925 - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: K2cnc spindle stopped for KG-4925

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: K2cnc spindle stopped for KG-4925

Tom,

Regarding your question, I'm starting to get a better understanding on how to clear Threads and load new ones. I tried the configuration you had suggested but it did not seem to change anything.

In my effort to better understand the KMotion.exe I'm hoping you can shed some light on some questions.
    In the CProgram screen there is a "New" button. When do you use this? If I press it it states that it will overwrite something. What does that mean? Overwrite what I see on the screen or overwrite the program in the computer files?

Also, I've noticed that if I highlighted and deleted anything that is on the CProgram Threads screen, it not only clears the screen it also clears program from the computer file location. The name of the file is still listed but it contains no coding. Why is that? Normal?

One more question. Do you know if K2 flashed into memory any of the other Threads besides the K2mc_driver.c?

Thanks,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Robert,

From K2CNC's comment in:

\KFLOP rob505\KFLOP\Driver\k2mc_driver.c

It seems they are expecting this arrangement of User Programs being Flashed in KFLOP.

//----------------------------------------------------------------
    // KFLOP Initialize program
    // K2CNC - Copyright 2013
    // Version: 2.0.4
    //
    // - K2mc_driver.c -> Thread 6
    // - homing.c -> Thread 5
    // - toolchange.c -> Thread 4
    // - bitJog_sLimit.c -> Thread 1

Have you tried that?

You should realize that the programs loaded and shown in the KMotion.exe Threads are not necessarily the Programs actually downloaded or Flashed into KFLOP.

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,

I have looked at all the files you included in the KFLOP_Rob505.zip. The interesting thing is there are far more C programs than you have threads. I did not find an include file that might have added several C programs into a given thread. Tom will probably need to comment on how this is accomplished. The file "bitlog_slimit.c does check the spindle speed to see it it is spinning prior to tool changes. Thread #2 is the initialization thread initstepdir3axis.c, thread #4 is the tool changer, #5 is the homing routines, #6 is the drivers. Also looking at some of the header files it seems to suggest they are indeed using one of the servo motor channels to control the spindle, please check the settings in the fifth channel, thing they start as channel 0,1,2,3,4,5, so the number would probably be #4. You can see this in Kmotion.exe. Will need to study this in more detail, to understand exactly how they got all this stuff to work.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Russ,

I wonder why the tool changer thread is listed. We don't have a tool changer.

I checked the axis screen and it looks as though only 0-3 have positions listed but 0-5 are checked as enabled. I took some screen shots. I uploaded each channels configuration and 4 is the same as 0-3 except for the output channel number.

Robert

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,

Each channel is setup to have a motor, so they are not using any channel to handle the PWM at all. Do you just have a three axis machine or do you also have a 4th axis which is rotary?

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Robert,

In my effort to better understand the KMotion.exe I'm hoping you can shed some light on some questions.
    In the CProgram screen there is a "New" button. When do you use this?
    It is intended for when you want to make a New C Program staring from scratch. This is not common.

If I press it it states that it will overwrite something. What does that mean?
    It will create an empty program with the name UserX.c where X is the current Thread number you have selected. It warns you that any file you might have had named UserX.c will be overwritten.

Overwrite what I see on the screen or overwrite the program in the computer files?
    It will overwrite the disk file UserX.c. with basically an empty program shell and the screen will then show that file. Normally after creating the program you would "SaveAs" to a name that would make sense for you. None of this has any immediate effect on the Threads in KFLOP. It is similar to using notepad to edit files on your disk. Until you do something to Compile/Download the File to KFLOP.

Also, I've noticed that if I highlighted and deleted anything that is on the CProgram Threads screen, it not only clears the screen it also clears program from the computer file location. The name of the file is still listed but it contains no coding. Why is that? Normal?
    That is correct. This is the same as opening a file with Microsoft Word. If you delete everything and select "Save" the disk file ill then be an empty file. What might be confusing is that you are saving the file without realizing it by pushing the Save or Save/Compile/Download/Execute button. If you want to edit things without changing a particular disk file first save it with a new name.

Do you know if K2 flashed into memory any of the other Threads besides the K2mc_driver.c?
    I'm not sure what K2CNC did. But I showed you what they typed into the file:

// - K2mc_driver.c -> Thread 6
    // - homing.c -> Thread 5
    // - toolchange.c -> Thread 4
    // - bitJog_sLimit.c -> Thread 1

I believe they are saying that those files should be compiled, downloaded, and Flashed into those KFLOP Threads. This comment might not be up to date.

I wonder why the tool changer thread is listed. We don't have a tool changer.
    Again the comment might be old or they might always set that up for every machine whether they have certain features.

HTH
    Regards

TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also have the 4th axis rotary.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tom,

That helped a lot! I was able to confidently delete the duplicate program from thread #7. I also tried a different configuration of Threads and put the K2_SpindlePWM.c program on a thread line. Just to see what would happen. This was my configuration but nothing changed. Spindle still not turning. Since I do not have a tool changer I replaced it with the spindle program and moved what was in line 4 onto line 7. All axis' work, Homing works but spindle still does not turn on when called.

Thread line up:
    #1 bitJog_slimit.c
    #2 InitStepDir3Axis.c
    #3 StopCallBack.c
    #4 K2_SpindlePWM.c
    #5 homing_zyx.c
    #6 k2mc*_driver.c
    #7 SetStepPulseLength.c

Thanks again for answering my other questions. I was wondering if you could shed some light on when to use the "recovery" button in config/flash screen? Does it also restore Threads?

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,

When you did this and compiled the programs did you download them into KFLOP? Also if you moved the spindle program to thread #4, make sure you update KmotionCNC for spindle to look in thread #4 originally I think it was in thread two if I recall correctly.

Also on the init button in KmotionCNC, you now have that in thread #2 make sure you adjust that change in KmotionCNC as well. After you do that you might want to press the init button and then try to issue some spindle commands again.

Does the relay still click when you issue the command M3 S9000 ???

Russ

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Russ,

Yes, I did change all the threads from 2 to 4 in the tool set up and also changed the command speed. Nothing changed. Also, M3 and M5 on/off clicking still working and the display on the VFD still says run when M3 is clicked and off with M5 is clicked.

I also tried changing all the Threads back to what I think was originally loaded and just adding the spindle program to Thread 7. - tested and then changed the all the thread calls from 2 to 7 in the tool set up screen. Nothing different.

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,

Run an experiment, first start up Kmotion.exe, then after that is running minimize it and then start up KmotionCNC.exe and go ahead and hit the init button. Before you do anything else look back at the console page on Kmotion.exe do you see any messages? Now try the M3 S9000 in KmotionCNC and then check Kmotion.exe console again, any messages?

Tom,
    Is there anyway to determine what is downloaded in KFLOP and ready to run? I would have thought after he upgrade the Kflop to new firmware it would have removed all flashed programs? Not sure how it is getting initialized and how M3, M4, M5 are working without some code resident in KFLOP still?

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Robert,

Run an experiment, first start up Kmotion.exe, then after that is running minimize it and then start up KmotionCNC.exe and go ahead and hit the init button. Before you do anything else look back at the console page on Kmotion.exe do you see any messages? Now try the M3 S9000 in KmotionCNC and then check Kmotion.exe console again, any messages?

Russ
    OK, So This is what happened:

Thu, Jul 23, 2015, 02:15:03 KMotion Program Started
    Spindle Set to 0.000000 pwm 255

The first line was there when I opened it, nothing changed when I hit "Init", then the second line appeared when I entered M3 S9000.

By the way, just for clarity, I restored all of the Threads to what I had the other day before I did this test.

Robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,

This seems to suggest that the PWM program is not adjusting the signal. It is saying it is set to 0, so clearly the issue has to do with the fact when you type in S and a speed number it is nothing getting there.

Russ

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast