Keep existing drives or replace with snapAmp? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep existing drives or replace with snapAmp?

Default Re: Keep existing drives or replace with snapAmp?

Quote Originally Posted by proto-psycho View Post
    I have the basic electrical schematics that originally shipped with the machine. I can scan and upload if you/anyone else is interested.
    I have found that carefully removing each card one by one and blowing off dust, cleaning the connectors and refitting helps with a bunch of the errors I've had over the years. There are many hundreds of electrical connections in that computer module, it only take one of them to be a bit dirty to cause issues. The Dsub connectors at the top are particularly difficult to get to, be patient and don't damage anything.
    Thanks Mate....it's funny having spent so long today trying to get it sorted that I too am considering starting from anew with new controller, CAM, drivers, servos etc. I am in Maitland NSW. I dont know if you are local but any diagrams you have would be a massive step forward for me. I removed all the boards yesterday and carefully cleaned and looked for any damage,burn marks etc but couldnt see a thing. Id like to have a chat with you if thats ok. I am on 0405674919 cheers Phil

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by proto-psycho View Post
    The amount of money I can scrape back on parts will influence my choice of new controller!
    Kflop is the only way to go regardless of how much money you get back!

Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed Arix service asking for PCB schematics. No go unfortunately, they no longer exist
    :-(

I've scanned my circuit diagrams, but they're to large to upload here.

PM me your email if you want them and I'll send directly to you. (70Mb .zip's, x2)

Last edited by proto-psycho; 11-04-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a 5 axis SZGH-1000-MC from aliexpress. Looking at the Arix servo manual that someone has previously posted (thank you!) it appears the drives can be configured for pulse/directon mode. We shall see!

Hi Proto. I have sent you a PM but have not heard back and was wondering if you could post up or email any machine information etc. Is there any one else who could post up or email any electrical diagrams, info etc ? I have been able to clear error 532 and the machine only now has power problems that I need to solve. thanks Phil

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a scan of the circuit for my CNC60.
    Hopefully its useful to someone!

I had to compress the crap out of it to upload. If its not clear, PM me and I'll email a better copy to you.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

With help from friends who are much smarter than me, I've found that the DDD board is the problem in my machine. It looks like one of the eeproms is corrupted.

Does anyone have parts they'd like to sell? :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keep existing drives or replace with snapAmp?-img_20201230_212907-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm pulling all the Arix control electronics out of my machine today.

I'm keeping the drives and motors until I can determine if I can make them work with the new controller.
    Pretty much everything else will be for sale.

The DDD board is faulty and I've been unable to find a replacement or get it fixed. This board controls MPG and joystick inputs. Everything else works fine.

PM me if interested!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12