StopImmediate And GetStopState

Thread: StopImmediate And GetStopState

Downloads
    Uploads

Default StopImmediate And GetStopState

Tom,

First, I just found the two subject script calls are missing from the PDF documentation on the Dynomation website.

I have never gotten my FeedHold to work 100% reliably, and don't quite understand why. My logic is simple - probably too simple. When I want to do a FeedHold, I do a GetStopState, and if it returns "0", then I do a StopImmediate(0). When I want to contonue motion after a FeedHold, I do a GetStopState, and if it returns anything other than "0", then I do a StopImmediate(1). If I want to abort whatever program is running while i FeedHold, I issue a StopImmediate(2). I am not currently checking to see if the Interpreter is running, which is maybe a problem? Is my basic logic correct?

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ray,

What Version is your code based on? What is the Symptom?

You shouldn't need to check the StopState. If a FeedHold is issued and one is already in progress it will be ignored. And similarly any Resume from a non-feedhold state will be ignored.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi Ray,

What Version is your code based on? What is the Symptom?

You shouldn't need to check the StopState. If a FeedHold is issued and one is already in progress it will be ignored. And similarly any Resume from a non-feedhold state will be ignored.

Regards
    Tom,

OK, I like that even better! I'm using v4.30.

I had a serendipitous find yesterday - I found the biggest problem is an apparent threading issue in my app. The problem I was having seems to be restricted to when I try to do a FeedHold using my pendant (I operate the machine exclusively via the pendant 99.9% of the time). My pendant "driver" was (very stupidly) doing a PCComm call to cause the application to trigger the FeedHold. I did this so the onscreen button (which blinks when FeedHold is active) and KMotion would stay in-sync. But it appears that for some reason the PCComm call doesn't always work - Need to look into why. Yesterday I re-wrote the pendant code to do the FeedHold directly, without going through PCComm, and that seems to work perfectly so far. I just need to update the app so it looks at the StopImmediate state in MainStatus to control the button flashing.

The nice thing is, this is pretty much the only problem I've had for many months, and it so rarely screws up, it has really been a very minor inconvenience. Both of my machines, overall, have been dead reliable since I put the KFlops on them.

Regards,
    Ray L.