Limit Switch+Kanalog doesn't seem to work

Thread: Limit Switch+Kanalog doesn't seem to work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Limit Switch+Kanalog doesn't seem to work

I set up a limit switch test today on my Y axis, and I am having some problems getting it to work. The switch I am using is a NC optical sensor, and it appears to be functioning properly, i.e. I am getting 15vdc when there is no metal within 4mm of it and 0vdc when there is. I double checked to make sure that this was the case at the Kanalog board, and it is. For the test I wired the switch to input 3 on JP15 on Kanalog and set my limit switch options to "Watch Limit" and "Stop when Low" then set bit 139 and action at Stop Movement. Doing this basically disables the axis completely. If I change the action to "Disallow drive into Limit" it will move for a second or two, then the axis will be disabled. My limit switch options look like this in my setup file:

ch6->LimitSwitchOptions=0x8b8b0025;

If I put something in front of the switch, nothing happens, as in the condition persists. If I change the settings so that "Stop when low" is unchecked, the axis runs fine, and continues to do so after the switch has been tripped.

When I go to the Kanalog menu under Digital I/O in Kmotion, I don't see anything so far as state is concerned for Opto In 3 (bit 139). This seems strange though since there is 15vdc at that terminal.

Kanalog is connected to my Kflop via a ribbon cable from JP7 on Kflop to JP14 on Kanalog. I had to disconnect Kflop JP5- Kanalog JP9 in order to have a means of sending Step/Dir signals to my stepper drives. I'm hoping this hasn't rendered my Opto Inputs useless. As far as I can tell nothing is being transmitted from my opto inputs back to Kflop. Hopefully I'm missing something obvious here!
    Spank