JP5 connector

Thread: JP5 connector

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JP5 connector

Hi Tom following our discusion on how use the Puse/dir generator you told me to use them from the JP5 conector, then, wich differential Inputs in the Kanalog JP2 connector will be dissable? I hope at least 4 will remain available

Please go ahead with Software limits, it is very important.
    Thanks in advanced
    Carlos

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

following our discusion on how use the Puse/dir generator you told me to use them from the JP5 conector, then, wich differential Inputs in the Kanalog JP2 connector will be dissable? I hope at least 4 will remain available
    Yes if you disconnect the JP5 connection from KFLOP to Kanalog (the RJ45 connector) to make use of the 4 Step/Dir outputs. Then everything on Kanalog will still work except the 2nd set of 4 A/B differential signals (Kanalog JP2).

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks very much for your reply, Tom now the system is properly tuned and works really fine
    but as you know still have many things to improve, till I get to use your boards for our machines, I would like to get your help
    there are 3 things important to get.
    1 I'm using CL stepper mode and when I disable one axe and provoke a difference between real position an theoretical position without reaching Maxfollowing error, then I re enable the driver the no reaction to correct the error.
    I just tuned the PID as
    P 0
    I 0,02
    D 0

2 How could I read in the Kmotion CNC the encoder value?
    3 Could you please explain how Mach3 can perfectly handle the 4th axe tangential to the X Y path with the DYNOMOTION board.
    could you please help me to understand how it is done? or give me advice of how to get it without using MACH 3 and using your CNC program ?

Thanks very much for your attention, Tom

best regards
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Carlos,

Regarding:

#1 I think what is happening is this scenario reaches your Max Output (correction) setting or Max Integrator setting. What are yours set at?

When you disable the amplifier and create an error the Integrator will start ramping the Output position correction to correct the position, but because your amplifier is disabled it ramps up forever with no reduction in error. Once it hits the programmed limit it will stop making correction so then once you re-enable the amplifier it will remain where it is. Try setting your Max Integrator and Max Output limits to infinity (1e30).

#2 We need to add an option to display Encoder position rather than Commanded Destination. Any preference on how to select this in the GUI?

#3 - regarding Tangential knife: I understand it works in Mach3. That is all transparent to KFLOP. With KMotionCNC it is performed with a C program. There is an example at

http://dynomotion.com/Software/CPrograms/Tangent.c

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CRAZY QUESTION

Hi Tom thanks once more time for your fast and good answer
    Unfortunately I do not know what´s GUI and I need it to modify the DRO to encoder.

Best regards
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Carlos,

By GUI (Graphical User Interface) I mean how the screens should be or how the Operator is to tell the system what he wants displayed - Commanded or Actual Encoder position. We were thinking to add an option on the Tool Setup Screens to "Display Encoders". Sometimes not all axes have encoders (some might be open loop steppers) so only the Axes configured as something other than Input Mode None would display Position rather than Destination.

Regards

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom a fast question:
    what kind of motion is MoveExp
    I see despription of Move, MoveRel etc, but nothing about MoveExp
    I wish you the best for this time
    Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Carlos,

The MoveExp moves the axis toward the specified position in an exponential manner and at the given time constant - Tau.

An exponential curve has the simple property that the speed is proportional to the distance which basically means the closer you get the slower you go. Or head toward the target at a speed proportional to how far it is away.

Or another way of looking at it is that it commands the axis to a position which is the low pass filtered position of the history of the commanded position.

This is useful for things like where the target position is jumping around in an erratic manner. While jumping around it will follow the average position while weighting the more recent target positions higher. So as the target position settles down it will then converge more closely to the target.

It works well for something like an MPG. See the MPGSmooth.c example.

It has a disadvantage that the move never completes it just converges forever.

Axis Velocity and Acceleration constraints are honored for the motion.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great explanation ,Tom, Thanks very much

Carlos