KFLOP replacing LPT/Mach3 How To - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KFLOP replacing LPT/Mach3 How To

Downloads
    Uploads

I use the Vectric software (Aspire) to generate my g code, and I have been using the "Mach2/3" g code output settings.....well the "header' from those g code files includes a g9x that forces "machine coordinates" followed by a G94? that is not supported by KMotionCNC...end result, the machine is left in "Machine Coordinates", regardless of 'setting zero" in the "relative coordinates'. I "crashed and burned" more bits/work than I can even begin to rationally discuss because of this...NOT KFlop or KMotionCNC's fault, my own STUPIDITY! When I set the g code output in ASPIRE to EMC2, LOL, all crashes stopped and things started working JUST LIKE THEY SHOULD, lol!
    If you need a custom modified Aspire post, let me know and I can throw something together for you

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ger21,

Thanks for the offer, but I have it pretty much figured out. Now I just need time to play, lol. We had pretty much non-stop house guests from Thanksgiving through New Years, and then I had to jump immediately into working on paper work/orders ... blah, blah, blah, hopefully I will have some time to play (and add to this "how to") again in February.

Fish

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,

i'm new to that KFlop-thing, so i have a maybe simple, but urgent question

I have a mill, that will be driven by steppers.
    And i have a magnetic length-measuring-system laying around

I'm experienced with mach3 and i can handle a soldering-iron

Will it be difficult to get KFlop to work with Mach3 AND to get a closed-loop with my magnetic-measuring-systems?

The sensors are incremental with differential outputs.

Maybe someone can give a rough description, how complex this could be?

Plz excuse my english, i'm german ;)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Spartan,
    Not positive but i believe you should be able to do this. Tom would be able to tell you for sure. You might try posting this on the Yahoo Forum as well, it seems to get more response.

Troy

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Spartan117,

Well easy/complex is all relative but it should be relatively straightforward and exactly what KFLOP was designed to do.

Once your system is working in open loop mode with the encoder connected you can adjust the InputGain0 setting to match the Encoder Count Readings to the uSteps. You can then make plots and see how well your Steppers are performing by plotting the Encoder position on our Step Response Screen.

Then you can switched to closed loop mode as described here.

One thing you should be aware of is that magnetic scales are usually not as accurate and have more noise than optical glass scales. This is because they usually consist of magnetic "lines" that are about 2mm wide. Where optical scales usually have lines about 20um wide. So the magnetic systems must interpolate a lot (100X more) to get similar resolutions. It should still work - just something to be aware of.

HTH

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

After a period of absence (well, I was present somewhere, but not here, lol) I am FINALLY embarking on the addition of "Homing" switches. The switches are on order and should be here soon. I will start with the 'Master Homing" program posted earlier in this thread and, like the rest of this thread, I will blunder forward making mistakes and documenting them for everyone to see until everything is working as it should.

As a side note, I am very pleased to see all the activity in this forum! I hope it means that Tom is selling lots of his fabulous KFLOPs (and KSTEPS) to a growing community of people who want to use a modern PC with their CNC equipment (and/or the real hard-core types that actually need 1.2 million steps per second:-) ). I will say the KFLOP, once setup, is absolutely bulletproof and a true joy to use. I don't use 5% of it's functionality, but the 5% I do use is rock solid.

#1 KFLOP Fan

Fish

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KFLOP replacing LPT/Mach3 How To

Quote Originally Posted by Fish4Fun View Post
    After a period of absence (well, I was present somewhere, but not here, lol) I am FINALLY embarking on the addition of "Homing" switches. The switches are on order and should be here soon. I will start with the 'Master Homing" program posted earlier in this thread and, like the rest of this thread, I will blunder forward making mistakes and documenting them for everyone to see until everything is working as it should.

As a side note, I am very pleased to see all the activity in this forum! I hope it means that Tom is selling lots of his fabulous KFLOPs (and KSTEPS) to a growing community of people who want to use a modern PC with their CNC equipment (and/or the real hard-core types that actually need 1.2 million steps per second:-) ). I will say the KFLOP, once setup, is absolutely bulletproof and a true joy to use. I don't use 5% of it's functionality, but the 5% I do use is rock solid.

#1 KFLOP Fan

Fish
    Granted this has not been active for a while I am wondering where your progress is, what almost a year later? I have really been going back and forth getting the KFLOP. I'm sick of my issues with standard Parallel port and older PC to off load everything to the KFLOP would be great. One major issue I see is that Probing is a critical part of my operation my probe was 2k and I paid for a mach3 screenset that implements many different types of probing routines for finding center or ends, valleys in material, etc..., etc...

Clearly I could make the KFLOP work with Mach3 but I am not really confident it will work with the different screensets. For that matter I don't really want to recreate the wheel anybody want to install some confidence in me that it could work with my screen set within Mach3? Also on my CNC router I am using Inductive Homing switches and Magnetic Limit switches they are both Normally open so I assume the configurations are the same for both?

-cncbaltar

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi cncbaltar,

I would expect the Probing routines to work with KFLOP if they are using the Mach3 G31 probe code. If you give it a try and it doesn't work out you can return KFLOP for a full refund.

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomKerekes View Post
    Hi cncbaltar,

I would expect the Probing routines to work with KFLOP if they are using the Mach3 G31 probe code. If you give it a try and it doesn't work out you can return KFLOP for a full refund.

Regards
    Thank you for the kind offer I will contact the screenset creator and find out what g code they used for the routines. if it is the same G code command I will probably take you up on the offer as it is completely worth the risk as I am fed up with my current issues. From what I can see in the different communities you do a fantastic job supporting people and that is probably 90% of the battle. I appreciated your time to answer my question.

-cncbaltar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123