GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITH DYNATORCH

Thread: GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITH DYNATORCH

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITH DYNATORCH

Just wanted to say THANKS to DT for all there help and support with our new machine. We have certainly made a good choice and are happy to say so...

DynaTorch OWNERS, If you have had the same exceptional service we have had, here is a good place to mention it! Hopefully this will help others with the brass tacks of what support actually is and what it is worth when considering a new machine.

Thanks again!
    WSS

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been a Dynatorch customer since 2005 and have received excellent support from them. Even when I had a problem on Sunday afternoon they provided tecnical support and it was quickly solved! How many companies do that? And with no charge for the life of the machine. If you sell your machine support is even provided to the NEW owner for free. When I decided to upgrade my machine the sales staff were eager to help and responded quickly with prices and parts.

I own more than one CNC machine. When your machine has a problem you lose 2 ways, your income stops and the technical support bill starts, (that is, when the support tech can schedule you in). Any of you reading this with multiple CNC machines can relate to this. My greatest fear is problems with any of my machines except the Dynatorch. CNC machines are not cheap and over their useful life having a problem is not unusual.

The normal costs for support makes me cringe. The typical charge for phone support is $60.00 per hour and onsite is $95.00 per hr with travel time each way billed at $75.00 per hour. It just so happens I have a visit scheduled this week from the Tech for a problem with my CNC mill. I am sure I will have at least $400 to $600 in charges before he leaves. He charges $150.00 just for his round trip to my house.

With the Dynatorch I feel comfortable they can walk me through any diagnosis over the phone and if I need a part it can shipped from their factory right away. Since I entered the world of CNC machines the words lifetime and free have taken on a whole new meaning. Thanks Dynatorch.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To be honest, i was really concerned about buying any cnc plasma table regardless of the manufacturer because all i knew about cnc plasma was that i wanted one...and that i could only afford to buy one once, and i didnt have the time or knowledge to build my own from scatch.
    To make a long story short, 2 years ago the folks at Dynatorch explained to me what they had to offer, what it could do, and what the final price would be including crating and shipping, they explained what i had to do to clear customs getting the machine into Canada and even offered a name of a customs broker. There was no sales pitch or pressure, just a proffessional attitude from a group of people who take pride in there efforts and product, i put my faith and trust in them and they did not let me down.
    The few small issues i had when starting up were dealt with swiftly and my hat is off to them for being able to walk me (who knew nothing about cnc) through the entire process over the phone. If i ever get to the point of needing a second cnc plasma i would buy another Dynatorch without hesitation. The same goes for Hypertherm and Mr.Colt...

EDD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another happy Dynatorch customer................

Hi-Vac

A "Not so cost effective" Plasma Table

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks,

I just thought you might want to see what ended up with our Robotic / Plasma Table. Thanks to all of your help here on the “cnczone” and the “unbeatable” customer support at Dynatorch, we were able to complete our project without a hitch!.

Brief History:
    A few years ago, I purchased a couple of ABB IRB-6 Robotic arms (one was on a slide) and we built this table to accommodate one of them. After a ton of discussions and even more help on a previous thread: (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...robotic+plasma),
    We scrapped the robotic idea and went with a “not so conventional gantry design.

Table:
    The table is 4’ x 10’. We would have went with a larger table hindsight, but at the table design stage, we were still expecting the robot to be on the back. The metal for the table is all laser cut from 3/16” plate steel with “Tabbed” assembly for accuracy. (Tabbed = legs have a dozen or so tabs that fit into the front and back and the angled front (angled for easy small parts removal) sections and are then are welded together. We ended up with a “very” accurate and square table. When we decided to go with the gantry design, we added the side rails which hold the helical rack and pinion and the 1.5” Thomson rods. One additional note on the table: there are air ram actuated levers with material handling balls that you can pop up (we even were able to program in a button to do this in the Dynatorch software) to move heavy pieces of material around on our table with one finger.

Gantry:
    We choose the long sided gantry instead of the short sided type commonly built so that we could run it to the back and all three sides were free for loading and unloading. This came without its own set of problems though. For one, the gantry needed to be stout and yet light as possible. We finally choose the boxed construction design, along with the tabbed assembly design, all out of 6061 ¼” aluminum and also laser cut. The second design idea we wanted was for all of the components to be enclosed inside the boxed gantry with only the torch sticking out a slot in the bottom.

Software / Hardware:
    This category should actually be at the top! Thankfully, we discovered Dynatorch. We went with their software / hardware configuration and we couldn’t be any happier. They really have a great software package. The thought behind the design is flawless including the built in arc height controls. Our system will cut a 3/8" hole that a 3/8" bolt will fit like you drilled it (they have a cool way of handling holes in the software). The smart servo motors coupled to gear boxes running on helical rack are the sweetest and quietest combination. We did pressurize the helical rack, but we accomplished this with a pair gas shocks pushing up on a linear slide mounted adaptor plate. The gear boxes (and the motors) are mounted to the adaptor plate. The linear slides eliminate side to side backlash. We did this instead of pivoting the motor on a hinge.

Short list of hardware:

X Axis (short travel) = 34 frame Smart Motors connected to 30:1 gear boxes = 800 rapids
    Y Axis (long travel) = 23 frame Smart motor connected to 10:1 gear boxes = 1500 rapids.
    Z axis = Dynatorch precision ball screw actuator with a crash detector installed.
    X & Y axes are running Atlanta Drive helical rack and pinion
    Dynatorch’s Dash auto initial pierce height sensing system
    Dynatorch’s Laser Locator for finding where you are on the plate.
    X & Y axis slide on 1.5” Thomson rods with twin bearings (two bearings in one housing)
    Esab’s Powercut 1500 Air plasma system with a PT-21 machine torch

Final assembly:
    We built the table and painted it in about 2 weeks over 4 years ago. We decided in October of this year to finish our plasma system, but this time with a gantry. It took about 30 days of “phone calls, emails, internet searching, posting to cnczone, designing/ drawing, erasing, redrawing, redesigning….until we had a final design we were happy with. We sent our cad files to our laser guy (didn’t tell him what they were for!) and got them back the first week of November. It took us another three weeks to weld up the gantry, send it to powder coating, and assemble and program the setup. Our first cut was perfect! (it wouldn’t have been if not for several years of reading cnczone!). We cut a 4”x 4” square from 3/16” steel, and it measured 4.003 X 4.003. I had just guessed at a kerf width of .050”. we cut 3/16” parts all day long now with this machine and have virtually no dross (an occasional tap with a paint scrapper along the edge is all that needed).

Final thoughts…..
    To tell the truth, I am sorry the project is finished. I had such a good time designing it and building it, but now it is in our shop foreman’s hands to use. We spent around 30k, including the plasma system but not counting labor. I probably couldn’t build another for less than 40k in parts, as some of the parts were bought 4 years ago, and some were internet findings, but we think we have a plasma system that is accurate and should last us a lifetime.

YouTube- DynaMax plasma system
    YouTube- DynaMax plasma system

Thanks Dynatorch and cnczone…….
    Attached Thumbnails

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    See the Build @ this link..............

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...tml#post700609

Last edited by shuwal; 03-10-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hey Everybody,
    I just wanna say thanks to you guys. I talk to some of you on the phone pretty regularly and others not so much, but the way you guys support us to me anyway is unprecidented. Truth be told we all ENJOY making this machine. Somedays the place where you work is a job. More often though our days at Dynatorch are easy going and fun. Because we enjoy what we do. We also enjoy interacting with every one of you guys. Thats part of what makes the days go good. Its nice to have a happy customer base, and I just wanted to say thank you all for that. As always if you all ever need anything we will not be difficult to find. Take care,
    Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

What Up Greg !!!

Ditto on the super (Not really needed by me much) support from the DT team !!!

Leon helped me get blower setup working with the DT software. This was an operator/installer issue all the way in the end.

DT makes a great product and value after the sale is the real sweet spot for folks buying CNC Plasma systems !!!

Mike

MetalHead - http://www.mechmate.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DT does it again.....

On DynaTorch's website under the "whats new" page they say "if you have a request, let them know".

They mean it. I sent some code to Mike at DT to see what we could do. After a few emails back and forth, Mike had a new version for me with the added feature. This all happened in a matter of days with no hesitation or excuses.

WSS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just thought I'd share my most recent experience.

Leon spent approximately 2 hours talking to me on the phone over Memorial Day weekend, trying to get my machine running smoothly.

I don't know where else you'll find that kind of customer support.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITH DYNATORCH

Interesting. Hoping my support will also be like this.

Last edited by chemosavi; 11-12-2016 at 04:17 AM.