Hypertherm Consumables / Jim Colt

Thread: Hypertherm Consumables / Jim Colt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hypertherm Consumables / Jim Colt

Hi Jim, Before I ask my questions I would like to say I think its great that Hypertherm has an experienced rep to answer end user questions on the internet. In the current state of economics in the US and American icons like GM & Chysler falling, I want to support US companies not just because they are US but because some of them truly offer a superior product AND support.

In my experience when I have had issues with my cutting and welding equipment and called for help, Miller welding and Hypertherm went the extra mile to solve my problem. I think both of these companies have excellent products. I cringe at the thought of only having the option of buying a Chinese piece of equipment.

My question, I have a Hypertherm 1250 with the T80M torch for use with my Dynatorch. I purchased the 1250 about 3 years ago. At the time the user manual only listed cutting charts for 80 amp shielded, 40 amp shielded, and 40 amp unshielded consumables. After reading your reply and looking at the picture you posted for the thread "Just got a new 5 x 10 table" I decided to go to the Hypertherm site and down load the newest user manual for the 1250 series.

In the new manual Hypertherm has added cut charts for 60 amp shielded and Fine Cut consumables. Both manuals leave still leave out the 60 amp UNshielded consumables. This makes for some confusion. I normally use Fine Cut consumables to cut thin aluminum with alot of experimenting.

Why is there no cutting chart for aluminum with the Fine Cut consumables? Also, I have never used the 40 or 60 amp UNshielded consumables but since they are listed in the manuals I am curious under what material /cutting conditions would they serve better than the shielded consumables?

Those plasma cuts in your picture look very nice. What kind of torch and shield is mounted on your Plasma Cam in the picture? It looks different than the T80M that I have. Thanks Jim