Need Help!! Replacing dynapath delta 10 controller

Thread: Need Help!! Replacing dynapath delta 10 controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help!! Replacing dynapath delta 10 controller

I have a lagun cnc mill. with baldor MTE - 4070-FL 58 motors. The motors have tachometers. What controller/ drivers do i need? Do i need to replace the tachometers with another type encoders?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help!! Replacing dynapath delta 10 controller

Why do you wish to replace your existing drives? Some servo drives can use the tachometers, others use encoder feedback.

RT

Downloads
    Uploads

Because the crt screen and the delta controller is not working. I was told that I could not drip feed gcode to the delta10 controller. I want to be able to generate g code on fusion 360. Save it to usb, network, wifi. ect. And then run it on the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can most likely use your existing drives. Dynapath has nothing to do with them. I'm still using my original Baldor motors and Servo Dynamics drives with a modern controller and software.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

As Jim said, if your drives are good you can keep them if your new controller supports analog drives with +/- 10 Volt signals.

What controller do you have in mind to replace the Dynapath?

RT

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jim, What controller and software are you using? I'm googling the Servo Dynamics drives now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey cngbrick, What controller do I need? I dont have one yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    Hey cngbrick, What controller do I need? I dont have one yet.
    My Dynapath control is still functional but I understand that Centroid has some suitable products. Your best bet is to call up the controller manufacturer directly and see what an installation entails. You'll want to work with a manufacturer that can provide support if you're on a tight timeline to get going again.

RT

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    Hey Jim, What controller and software are you using? I'm googling the Servo Dynamics drives now.
    Servo Dynamics drives were what was originally installed on my machine. The were working fine so I just decided to use them. I don't know what drives were installed in your machine, you will need to look at the data tag on them for find out for sure.

The heart of my system is a Galil motion controller, and I wrote my own CNC software to run the machine. This would not be a good option for most users. It is possible to use Mach3/4 with a Galil controller and run analog drives.

To run analog drives, I would recommend Dynomotion products. Very well supported and inexpensive.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I have servo dynamics sd4-1525-10-3-10 drivers Ill email Galil and centroid. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Emailing Galil most likely won't be of much help. They sell motion controllers, but they don't directly support CNC machines or any other machine for that matter. Their products are sold to systems integrators who then install and provide the software for many different applications. The Galil products are a blank slate when you get them. I prefer Galil products for my projects because I have been working with and installing them for over 20 years.

For customer projects I buy new Galil controllers directly from Galil, but for my own personal projects, I normally buy used Galil hardware from eBay vendors.

For your application I would seriously concider a Dynomotion Kflop/Kanalog system. Well supported and documented, as well as being less expensive than Centroid products.

If you have questions about Galil products or machine retrofits/upgrades in general, I would be happy to try to answer.

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 03-02-2022 at 04:26 PM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim, I've built and retro fitted several cnc router/plasma tables using stepper motors, breakout boards, and drivers . But never an industrial closed loop system. Does the tachometers connect to the Servo dynamics drivers? I'm looking online for the schematics. My plan is... disconnect the dynapath computer, find a motion controller thats works with my servo dynamics drives, The power supply for the motors are already connected . And hopefully get machine movement. I'll worry about the spindle vfd, limit switches and fine tuning later. The Dynomotion Kflop/Kanalog system is currently out of stock. Thanks again Jim.

Last edited by marauder; 03-02-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Experience in retrofitting CNC systems is great. You already understand the basics. What CNC software have you used for a retrofit in the past?

Yes, the tachs connect to the SD drives for velocity feedback. Those are analog velocity drives commanded by a +/- 10VDC signal.. The encoders connect to the controller for position feedback. Any controller that will output a +/- 10V analog command signal will work. The SD drives are simple to connect, command voltage goes to pins 2 & 4. That is all you really have to do to get them to run since your tachs are already connected.

I attached the SD drive manual, into split into 2 PDFs, because it was too large for the forum to digest as a single document.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jim. mach3 is the only software i know. Im going to order the Dynomotion Kflop kit. and bombard you with questions. Thanks for the pdfs of the manuals

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are comfortable with Mach3, it is compatible with both Galil and Dynomotion products.

I can answer questions about your drives and maybe answer some general questions, but CNC Zone member Tom Kerekes (TomKerekes) is the expert on the Dynomotion products. Tom answers all of the questions in the Dynomotion forum.

You will need the Kflop/Kanalog for analog control of your drives, the Kflop is step & direction only and won't control your drives It looks like the Kanalog will be back in stock this month.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

I just found this post https://www.cnczone.com/forums/dynom...t-started.html Its almost identical to mine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can someone help me find the manual and the wiring diagram, For my lagun cnc mill
    Thanks