Dead Dynapath System 10

Thread: Dead Dynapath System 10

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dead Dynapath System 10

I just picked up a Tree 325 and all indications are pointing to a dead controller but I'm still unsure.

When I first got it wired up, everything powered up; but the monitor was dead.

I was 100% under the impression that it was a Delta 10 controller until I opened the computer up..

The CPU chassis is a Delta-10 Chassis
    Delta 10 Processor board
    S10 CMOS RAM board
    S20 Peripheral Control board
    S20 Graphics Controller board
    S10 Panel/PIC interface
    S10 Transducer
    S10 Servo output
    and a System 10 control board

After a few thousand power cycles now the monitor powers up but it is pretty screwy.

I've been trying to at least get the servo drives powered up to verify the controller actually works but I haven't had any luck at doing anything.
    Release E-Stop, hit Reset 5000x Still nothing..

Pressing keyboard buttons, panel buttons; I am not getting any other response out of the screen. I've tried adjusting every knob in the back but still nothing.

I really have no idea what to look at now

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dead Dynapath System 10-unnamed-2-jpg   Dead Dynapath System 10-unnamed-jpg   Dead Dynapath System 10-unnamed-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dead Dynapath System 10

When I first started I did wire up a couple Dynapath system 20 but other than that I really had not contact with them. Now Deltas I can help you with. Give Dynapath a call, They may have some simple things to try. You should ask them how much for a Delta 2000 upgrade. Not sure how easy it is from a system 10 but from a Delta 10+ it is relatively simple. Dynapath 248.488.0440 Good luck. Love to see the machine when it gets working.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dynapath wasn't any help. I thought it was a Delta 10 unit at first but they immediately ID'd it as a System10 and told me they do not support them.

Downloads
    Uploads

The last place I know to go to for a system control is partsandsmartsinc If Al is still taking calls he should have a couple of Ideas. I can't blame Dynapath on the lack of system support as it should be about 32 years old. And the fact when Hurco owned them, Hurco sold off all their old support hardware. (Parts and smarts got a bunch of it.)

Downloads
    Uploads

replace the CMOS Battery, unPlug and plug all Cards and Connectors. Might get lucky. Next check Voltages with Meter 24, 15, 5 etc. Power supplys that old can be the problem sometimes. Try a different Monitor if, possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

When you are starting it up, and you release the e stop button, then you press reset, you need to hold the reset button for 2 seconds for the drives to turn on. When you press reset, you should hear a loud clunk, which is the contractors pulling in, very loud noticeable clunk. Do you hear the contractors or just silent.

On the back of the cry there is either 4 knobs for adjustment, or maybe 6 knobs on the mother board. It takes a while play with each one a little at a time after going through them all several times you should get it dialed in, assuming that it works