Delta 50 Floppy procedures

Thread: Delta 50 Floppy procedures

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Delta 50 Floppy procedures

Hello out there

Our company just picked up a Tree 425 with the Delta 50 control. We have a delta20 2 axis on another machine so this is not entirely new ground...

However, the memory support battery is dead and I suspect it will be a week plus before I can get that replaced (Dynapath says we will likely need the kit from them to bypass the soldered on battery).

I have a job that we want/need to get running on the mill, and I've already gotten it to work, but I lose the program upon shutdown. (It's short, but still....)

So my options are to leave the machine on (probably OK) or try to save it to floppy.

I seem to be able to write the file, but after that point the control cannot read the disk at all. It throws a fault at that point, "Disk seek failure" So I am wondering about the format of the file name, directory, the disk itself, etc..

I have some NOS discs that were pre-formatted. I am assuming they should work OK?

Do I have to format the disc somehow on the machine before trying to save files?

Should I create a directory on the disc? (the "target parameter edit" section seems to have many options for this, but I read somewhere that programs can only be in the root directory)

Should the file name have a file type suffix? (I've read .txt should work, but I also read that it should only be .OB)

I guess the other thing could be a bad floppy drive....

RS232 will be an option down the road but I need something working sooner (like today)

TIA for any advice