Need Help! DynaCNC 6000 Stalls

Thread: DynaCNC 6000 Stalls

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DynaCNC 6000 Stalls

My DynaCNC 6000 keeps stalling when I jog the table. Please see the video below.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just noticed other post, will look there

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

On my machine when they built it they pulled down the gantry to tight. I disconnected all the steppers and such and tried to move the gantry by hand and it still bound. So I blocked up the gantry . unloosed the truck mounting bolts and then retighted with the gantry jacked up and that took care of my stalling issues on my dynacnc machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DynaCNC 6000 Stalls

crypto watch the fault light on the Y axis Gecko. Furthermore the 6000 outlet is rated over 20 amps. The 4000 (and last revision 7000) was only 7-8. ping me via getcnc.com if further assistance is needed. I believe Mike1948 has my phone #if need. Feel free to contact me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Frank. Ill try tracking the fault light and let you know how it goes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The fault light isn't coming on when it stalls. I tried to move the gantry by hand and it was fairly smooth. I did notice that belt on the Y-axis occasionally would rub up again'st the side and cause friction but not enough to stop the movement IMO. Is there any settings in MACH 3 which could enable pause? Can I just disable pausing completely?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Cryptodecals,
    Oh well it is not as easy as I had hoped. Usually for some time savings I would swap the Y drive with the X drive and see if the condition follows the drive. If not the circuit may have high resistance. A lot of choices can send you off into an incorrect diagnostic routine. Suggestions: log exactly what you have done along with the outcome, install a "breakout" connection . I can tell you after 300 6000's the only time I have seen your condition it was reserved to the drive, the circuit leading to the motor including the axis card. The later will require a replacement of the card which I warranty to current technical support customers regardless of the age or where it is secondhand or not. By the way whose machine was yours originally? What Mike 1948 hinted to is correct regarding erratic Mach3 behavior however it would not be reserved to one axis but any without rhyme or reason. In efforts to prevent from taking a big chunk of cnczone's server capacity in the whole testing routine (Just kidding) you'd need to monitor the signal to your motor tracing back to the drive. This is where it can get a little difficult for a beginner. One simple possibility is a bad parallel cable. Swap the two provided the gender is correct to eliminate the possibility of a bad cable. As a router application the 2nd cable may not be present and in almost all versions is not required to loop a circuit. Good Luck and hope the best. Frank

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Frank, I am the original owner of the machine. It defiantly looks like a hardware issue. I reformatted the computer and re installed only mach3 with factory config files. At this point I realized I have a DynaCNC 1000 not 6000. Does your diagnostic still hold true to the DynaCNC 1000 version?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the fresh install didn't improve anything.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Cryptodecals,
    For the most part yes. What I have gathered though you may have used either the 4000, 6000 or 7000 files or a combination possibly. If you have used the original install disc then there is most likely an exact sequence to install and then changes to be made in Mach3 to get the correct operation. However stalling would not be one of shortcomings unless the axis settings are incorrect. Rarely did the original install disc have the exact settings (.xml's) hence some changes in Mach3 were required to finalize correct operation.
    I strongly recommend contacting me directly other then this blog to expedite correct operation being I do not monitor it frequently.
    All that aside and offering light to aid in seeing the end of the tunnel, having worked at DynaCNC for years without a doubt the 1000 was the easiest to correct in your situation (that is provided it is truly a 1000 controller).
    Tips:
    1. Before you switch drives from one axis to another with a small screwdriver check all the connections amongst the drives and axis card on the door. After you have and particularly if you have found one or more that were not snug (do not overtighten) then recheck the Y axis for stalling.
    2. If the condition persists then pursue switching the drives taking caution to avoid moving the wiring to much.
    3. If the condition still persists inspect the power connections in the loom leading to the Y.
    A. You can attach a voltmeter to the drive terminals and monitor the voltage output whereas the operation should remain at 72V approx. (provided you do have the servo design)
    B. With no fault light there exists the chance that there is a loss of command anywhere from the PC through the parallel through the axis
    card finally leading to the drive. This is probable if the DRO on the Mach3 screen is still running while the stall is present.
    For all who own the DynaCNC design let me offer this: The 1000 was and is a rock solid design however as in the case as the 4000 and 7000 (DY4) there was not enough power supply. These machines had two options for drives steppers and servos. In only the tables of 3' x 3' and smaller were the drives NEMA 23 used whereas in almost all cases that one can purchase today are equipped with only NEMA23 with a table size leading up to 5' x 10". What this means is per square footage the performance is only 40% at the maximum of what Mach3 processes. Furthermore after the 6000 was concluded not only did a customer have the performance the mechanical engineering provided (upwards of 1700 IPM) they had true runaway controls and THC voltage control less than 1 volt. Having retrofited DynaCNC machines and installed the 6000 on heavy industrial machines I can promise three things currently. 1. On DynaCNC machines the value to both the owner and future owner the machines value has doubled (I have personally witnessed this in resales). 2. No machine currently on the market matches the performance still for the the cost then and now. 3. The 6000 has the logic and circuitry that does not exist on the market and I predict will not for another three years. No wild claims here and in retrospect I will offer this: in the last few months of DynaCNC's term the DNI (Department of Naval Intellegence) approached me after having seen the 6000 performance to construct a bid (this is rare where the private sector is asked to do so) so as to comply with prerequisites and guidelines of fair access to all vendors so the government received the best the private sector had to offer. The machine was to be equipped with flying optics for a 2K watts laser to cut upwards of 6" of steel.
    In summary Crytodecals (and any other that has a DynaCNC) you have the benchmark to build on (and many new light industrial machines have attempted to copy).
    Good luck and try to contact me outside here. I will add to my profile to assist.