Need Help! Need help Setting up THC process

Thread: Need help Setting up THC process

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help Setting up THC process

OK, when I get the file I want to cut loaded into Mach3, I can cut metal that doesn't warp by leaving the THC off.
    Question: What are the steps in Mach3 to perform to properly use the THC on thinner metal that tends to move up and down while cutting.
    Let's say 12Ga w/60amp tip and .19 standoff, 280 IPM as recommended by Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 manual. 110 arc volts recommended.
    I don't understand the instruction manual steps.
    I must be missing something because when I turn on THC and start the G-code file the torch goes to one spot ignites and just sits there.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Orangejbird; 04-25-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Orangejbird View Post
    OK, when I get the file I want to cut loaded into Mach3, I can cut metal that doesn't warp by leaving the THC off.
    Question: What are the steps in Mach3 to perform to properly use the THC on thinner metal that tends to move up and down while cutting.
    Let's say 12Ga w/60amp tip and .19 standoff, 280 IPM as recommended by Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 manual. 110 arc volts recommended.
    I don't understand the instruction manual steps.
    I must be missing something because when I turn on THC and start the G-code file the torch goes to one spot ignites and just sits there.
    It sounds like your "ok to move" from torch or "Arc ok" in Mach is not not getting through. Does your Arc OK button light up when the torch fires? I've attached a Plasma xml for Mach that works with my DynaCNC 6000 and a Cutmaster 52. You will have to set up the ports and maybe some pins for direction but it works for me. (Use at own risk). In other words stand by the reset button. Let me know if it works

Good Luck
    Mike

Attached Files Attached Files