RS232 connection

Thread: RS232 connection

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default RS232 connection

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my Dynopath 20 CNC to my computer using a rs232 and telnet. I follow all the direction, though I can't send a file. I'm able tro receive from CNC to my computer but not the other way.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mamehdi2000 View Post
    Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Yeah one comes to mind: Post in the right forum. DYNACNC has been out of business for almost two years now. They never made a mill. Nothing they ever sold used RS232.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RS232 connection

I know that this is an old topic, but just so the answer is out there:
    It sounds like there is a problem with your cable or you have flow control turned on. The dynacnc machines don't appear to use hardware or software flow control. A great way to test serial connections is to short pins 2 and 3 at the end of your cable and have a friend your random characters in the terminal program. Of they see the characters that they are typing showing up on the screen then chances are that the unit is set up correctly. If not then there is a problem with either the wiring or the terminal program settings.
    Torchhead,
    The exact same dyna tables are used for milling and plasma cutting. Discussion on dynacnc machines could equally well go under wood/metal/plastic/t-slot machines, but this is the only forum on the site specifically for dynacnc equipment, and it makes sense to have it all in one place because many of the problems with these units are similar.

Mahmehdi,
    Were you trying to update the firmware? If so could I get a copy? Ink trying to gather up different firmware versions.
    -Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RS232 connection

This was never about a DYNACNC machine it was about a DYNOPATH machine. Two totally different animals . DynaCNC out of Seattle WA used (at one point) our older MP1000 interface box that did have an RS232 port but it was used ONLY for the THC model and ONLY as a way to update the TORCH VOLTS from MACH. While DYNACNC made both Plasma and Router tables they did not make or sell milling machines.