The Dyna Myte 3000 Project - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Dyna Myte 3000 Project

Downloads
    Uploads

See it on Youtube! Go here "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxegZ9qjkuY"]YouTube- DM3000 Still

Downloads
    Uploads

Here it is running!"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKBKvGsaCyA"]YouTube- DM3000 Running

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the only video I've seen of a DM3000 running. I wonder how many of them are out there?

Downloads
    Uploads

G540 came in! Anyone looking for any Dyna Electronics? Not yet really, but if you really need something chime in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is a Dyna Mech group on Yahoo! that you should look into. Most likely all of your extras will be gobbled up...most likely break even on your investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    G540 came in! Anyone looking for any Dyna Electronics? Not yet really, but if you really need something chime in.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am a member there I am just not seeing any interest over there. I havent gutted it yet but it wont take long. I will offer it up then. I just picked up a Dyna 2400 mill too and it has all of its electronics but they are probably going away too. Gecko stuff if it performs anything like everyone claims (all I have to compare it to is my home built Hobby Cnc kit and it has worked beautifully) is so compact and simple. I am going to use the power supplies from both units.
    Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    There is a Dyna Mech group on Yahoo! that you should look into. Most likely all of your extras will be gobbled up...most likely break even on your investment.

Downloads
    Uploads

15" ELO touch screen was ordered today. Also happened to receive my DM 2400 mill (another Ebay find). If you thought the lathe was clean, just wait! This 1 needed very little cleaning at all and after a little playing with it I got it to work but I just dont understand the controls yet. It does all work and is equally as amazing as the lathe though a bit smaller and no enclosure. It does have an automatic oiler, drain pan and a head that pivots from side to side. I could also get it to calibrate tools. It too has an ER16 spindle, my Sherline has those, tool sharing! It will be converted too but not til the lathe is finished. Pics are from an Iphone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Dyna Myte 3000 Project-dm-2400-front-jpg   The Dyna Myte 3000 Project-dm-2400-back-left-jpg   The Dyna Myte 3000 Project-dyna-2400-3-jpg  
    Last edited by Fastest1; 02-26-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a quick note to say nice job and keep up the good work.
    I bid on one of these a few years ago but the price got out of hand for a machine that didn't work.
    I would love to get one of these for my shop.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike. The 2400 was showing a fault of some kind (Z axis stuck). I really think that is operator error or misunderstanding. He was the auctioner not a machinist. After just a few minutes I had it up and running though I didnt know enough to do anything. I did somehow figure out how to do peck drill cycle and some manual movements of each axis. It is also odd to have to install a location in the dros and then select next and it goes to that location but it doesnt show anything on the dros til it stops. I also really like its initialization/homing process. I actually always imagined Mach will do it this same way (1 limit switch on each axis). Axis travels to stop and backs off a slight amount. Not sure how to set it for a different place yet and might not need to as there might be a different kind of reference used. I will just have to read the manual that I downloaded. I wish I could find a manual to download for my DM 3000!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Link to DM 2400 running for my 1st time

My newly acquired DM 2400. First time to plug it in and attempt to make it move. It did though I am not sure you can tell in the video. It is doing a tool calibration here. All photos and videos are done on my iphone in this case. Expect better when I get it home and near my other camera. This was at a friends house on the way home. I couldnt wait!
    "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrw-okobKY"]YouTube- Dyna Myte 2400

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Me too!

@Fastest1

I also just purchased a DM 2400 - unfortunately, I won't be able to pick it up for a few weeks. Of course I'm getting antsy. Which manual were you able to d/l? And can you supply a link?

Thanks
    Shindog

Downloads
    Uploads

Antsy I can understand. You will be happy with your purchase I bet. Mine though it was advertised with some form of a fault seems to be fine. The controls are not straight forward so I am sure they confused the person who was selling it. He was not an operator or machinist. Check your pm's regarding the link to the manual.
    John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks man.
    Hope I end up being as luck as you did on that purchase.
    I'll be sure to be following your progress here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check out the air powered door. "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNEN6lpPwvI"]YouTube- DM 3000 with Air Powered Door

Downloads
    Uploads

Check out the air powered door.
    Kid in a candy store comes to mind. LOL

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Each side of the door had a bleed screw of some sort. You should have seen it move when the bleed screws were opened all of the way! It was dangerous and closed with authority. Looked and sounded like it would chop off YOUR parts that were near it. I quickly turned that down. Impressive. I will have to video it with no restriction to that door it was loud.

Last edited by Fastest1; 02-28-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check out the air powered door.
    I'm calling dibs now if you ever decide to sell it...lol Are you planing to convert the 2400 to Mach?

Downloads
    Uploads

Probably but I will finish the lathe first. The mill does work now and I am going to try using it with Dynalan just for now. If it works it wont hurt to try and undertand it. I dont know if I had mentioned it earlier but I did just order a 15" ELO Touchscreen and I plan to install a motherboard in the old cabinet along with the G540 and power supplies. trying to figure out how to reuse the spindle driver (servo). I found a wiring diagram for a 2400 and the spindle speed controller looks similar to the 1 in the 3000. I do like the build quality of the 2400 and especially if you think how long ago they were constructed. The work envelope might even be smaller than my Sherline! MUCH MORE solid than the Sherline though. Got a storage unit this weekend and relocated most of my garage and shed items while I build a new 12 x 12 for motorcycles, mowers and such. This will allow more room in the garage. I might even be able to walk around the lathe. I also got the xml file for the lathe including a custom screenset. I believe it has the macro for the tool change but mentally I am not there yet and havent tried to even look at it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I finally pulled the spindle motor off to get a driver for it. It is a
    SEM MT30 U4-48, Serial#H10062
    Max RPM 3000, Volts 140, Pulse Amps 57
    Cont Stall Torque 4.5 Nm, Insul F
    Tacho 7V per 1000 rpm
    Brake- Supply 110 vac F90-1059
    TENV

Specs from the manufacturer
    http://www.sem.co.uk/files/brochure/MT30U4.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Moving on slowly. However IMHO I do believe almost all of the information in Dyna's manuals is incorrect to protect replacement parts availability. After a bit of research on each part, (coolant lines and threads, and now spindle adapters for chucks) The DM3000 claims to have an A2-2 spindle, from all I can find out there was never an A2-2 made and my spindle seems to be an A2-4. i am having an adapter made for the A2-4 to Buck (adjustru?) 3 jaw chuck, since I never had a chuck for this spindle. Also I have a second brake on my spindle motor (a 24v brake and a 120 vac brake) both are separate. The manufacturer was aware of the 120 vac brake but thought the 24v brake was added later but the casting says it was intended from the beginning. Nobody has any documentation of the brake or its reason in the system. The only other clear picture of the backside of a DM3000 doesnt show this brake or its casting? Both brakes work and or release if powered and I will use the 120v brake for the estop and for chuck opening and such. The 24v brake I am not sure of what to do with it. Leaving it unpowered til later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast