Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE

Thread: Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE

A local club member is moving. He started the restoration of this Dyna Myte DM4500. He can't take it with him.
    The iron is done and ready for a new control. The old controls including spindle drive have been removed and are no longer available. 7.5hp Spindle motor is included.
    The machine is located in Buckeye Arizona. It would have to be hauled off on a hydraulic drop deck trailer, measuring at least 6'x10'.
    There is no forklift on site heavy enough to lift it but it can be rolled on to the trailer on skates.
    IT MUST BE PICKED UP BY NOVEMBER 7 and NO LATER OR IT WILL HAVE TO BE HAULED OFF FOR SCRAP

The work done to the iron:
    "The way covers were removed while working with the forklift. Not shown are the shroud pieces. It has new x & y axis bearings, motor belts, lube system, paint (now blue, didn’t like red), coolant system/motor re-plumbed, spindle motor is 7.5hp 3 phase. Free for the taking including any parts I have for completing."

Specs and description of machine including pictures:
    Year of manufacture: Mid 90's
    Table size 17.7" x 30.7".
    Max. table load 660 lb.
    Longitudinal travel (X axis) 20".
    Cross travel (Y axis) 16".
    Vertical travel (Z axis) 20".
    Distance, spindle nose to table (min/max) 3.94"/20".
    Distance, spindle centerline to column 17.71".
    Spindle taper CAT 40.
    Spindle speeds (in two ranges) 60 - 6,000 rpm.
    Automatic tool changer 16 station.
    Spindle motor 7.5/10 hp. (30 min.)
    Electrics 3ph/60hz/220v.
    Dimensions 76"W x 84"D x 96"H.
    Weight (approx.) 7,700 lb.
    Full Enclosure.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Dean wants to find someone that will finish the machine off. He put a lot of money time and effort into it so far.
    Contact me via PM Directly if interested.

Marty

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE-20211020_081414-jpg   Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE-20211020_081431-jpg   Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE-20211020_081447-jpg   Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE-20211020_081516-jpg  

Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE-20211020_081552-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Dyna DM4500 VMC: FREE

Dean got back with me with a measurement, from the base to the highest part of the machine, is 82"*So it should just make it under a 7' garage door using pipe for rollers. (if you are interested, double check your opening)

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like she's going to get scrapped.
    Thanks everyone!
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

What a shame.... I would have loved to have taken it, but I have my own space limitations. Plus, I already prevented another machine from going to the dump (DM4400m). Man, I hate seeing these wonderful old machines being trashed though. sigh. But kudos to you for trying to save it.

If Dean has any of the old control, I would love to take that, though. I have been trying to work my way through fixing the electronics on the drives and such. I would hate to see him throw that stuff out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MrMetric View Post
    What a shame.... I would have loved to have taken it, but I have my own space limitations. Plus, I already prevented another machine from going to the dump (DM4400m). Man, I hate seeing these wonderful old machines being trashed though. sigh. But kudos to you for trying to save it.

If Dean has any of the old control, I would love to take that, though. I have been trying to work my way through fixing the electronics on the drives and such. I would hate to see him throw that stuff out.
    Machine was scrapped unfortunately.
    Control was sold long ago to keep another machine going.