New DM1007 Owner

Thread: New DM1007 Owner

Default New DM1007 Owner

I just picked up a Dyna Myte 1007 milling machine. From the quick look over i did, it doesn't seem to have (or ever had) a built in display or controller. However inside the electrical enclosure it seems to have some sort of control chip with a serial port cable coming out (there is actually 2 chips with a serial port but from reading I'm guessing one is built in).

The machine doesn't have a tool changer, but for my home shop it'll be perfect, especially with the enclosure.

I'm on the hunt for manuals and any information possible. I'll get a pic of the chip i believe is the controller that was added. I'm wondering if I can use Mach 3 or something similar.

I've attached a picture.

Thanks
    Jeremy

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New DM1007 Owner-screenshot_20201004-124343_facebook-jpg  

A few more images.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New DM1007 Owner-screenshot_20201004-211806_facebook-jpg   New DM1007 Owner-screenshot_20201004-211823_facebook-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New DM1007 Owner

First off, welcome to the forum.

Wow! Looks like a considerably larger, deee-luxxx version of my DM2400!

You mentioned it lacked a controller. Mine was converted from the original "conversational" programming console/system to Centriod by a fellow machinist (and I think fellow forum member) here in Phoenix, Marty Escarcega. I bought the mill from him in "turnkey" condition. Centroid works very nicely on my mill, and if you're looking for a retrofit yourself, I'd recommend i!, as well as Marty. He's extremely knowledgable about Centroid and has done a goodly number of conversions. I think you can get in touch with him thru the forum. If not, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by hman View Post
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Wow! Looks like a considerably larger, deee-luxxx version of my DM2400!

You mentioned it lacked a controller. Mine was converted from the original "conversational" programming console/system to Centriod by a fellow machinist (and I think fellow forum member) here in Phoenix, Marty Escarcega. I bought the mill from him in "turnkey" condition. Centroid works very nicely on my mill, and if you're looking for a retrofit yourself, I'd recommend i!, as well as Marty. He's extremely knowledgable about Centroid and has done a goodly number of conversions. I think you can get in touch with him thru the forum. If not, let me know.
    Thanks for the insight. I purchased a Chinese ddcsv3.1 to use as a standalone controller. It should also provide a means to control my spindle using a 0-10v signal.

I'll post some updates when I get a chance to get back to it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New DM1007 Owner

Congrats on the purchase! I'm also interested to hear how the Chinese control works for you. They are pretty inexpensive and all in a single box. The big question I have is how much Chinglish there is in the control. That can make life really frustrating if you cannot figure out what a button is because it wasn't translated well and/or it is still in Chinese. The Acorn has the advantage of being US built/supported so you likely will have a cleaner experience. That said, the big ding on Centroid is that they apparently up-sell features, so the low cost control can actually grow in price quite a bit.

Anyhow, I'm very interested to hear how it all turns out.