dm 4400M retrofit - How many parts are reusable? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dm 4400M retrofit - How many parts are reusable?

Default Re: dm 4400M retrofit - How many parts are reusable?

Im begining to think that eproms was changed to newer versions on my machine and that might explain why some things aren't documented like these U-axis switches.. but I'm just guessing.

It would have been nice if someone else also was activly looking into one of these machines. Right now it seems to just us two.

I got them to home. I managed to input tool change macro and next is to test it.

Havent really tried the spindle yet. That's also on the todo list soon

Downloads
    Uploads

So... dumb question here, but.... How many amps do you have in the cabinet? The one next to the CPU cage should be an MR-S12, which is really two amps in one; it services the X and Y axis. The amp in the middle is an MR-S11, which services the larger Z axis motor. To the right of that is the spindle drive. There are some mounting holes and such directly below the CPU cage which is where the U axis would be found. You don't happen to have a U axis amp installed do you? I ask because I'm curious why you would have a PLC switch for it. Maybe the machine came with a U axis when it was originally sold?

There is no additional U-axis amp in the cabinette. I have also been thinking in the same direction. On the front page of the manual there is a sticker ad of the original seller. They are still in business. I might give them a call to see if they have info left.

There is also some notes manually written in the manual. Part 2.12 plc servo parameter - m_param 12. 1/1. The manual says "not used". So I wonder why...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123