Hello. The other week I bought a DM3000E and have been working on getting it up and running. I’m not exactly sure what the -E variant is, but it doesn’t have an enclosure, automatic oiling system, coolant system, or a turret. It also has a brushless DC spindle motor and only 2 sets of pulleys. Does anyone know anything about these? My guess is that the E is for either educational or economical... but the important bits are in excellent condition and I’ve been able to get everything working.

Last night I tried running a program (just the taper example in the manual) and set the offsets/tool cal with no issues. I started the program but had accidentally entered 0.020”/rev as a feed rate instead of 0.002”/rev, so I had to e-stop it. When I got it started and set back up, retaught the start/safe points and continued the program; the next line is a GO ABS that takes it to the starting point, but when I execute it, the x axis moves an inch or so more positive than it’s supposed to be. I’ve tried going through the tool calibration multiple times and it always puts some arbitrary amount in the x offset, or if it does set correctly, the program moves the tool positive again. Does this sound like operator error or an issue with the controller? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk