Urgent: Dyna DM4400 / DM4000 measurements - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent: Dyna DM4400 / DM4000 measurements

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Urgent: Dyna DM4400 / DM4000 measurements

Alan--

You being an EE maybe I could pick your brain over something. I burnt out one of the small circuit boards on the servo amp for the spindle and I'm attempting to replicate it. Even though I know little about circuit designing I've been pretty successful at duplicating and creating simple signal distribution boards. I use Eagle and PCB-Gcode for making boards on the mill. Anyway, this is a pretty simple shunt regulator board for which I actually was able to acquire a schematic from Servo Dynamics and I've got most of it worked out and I'm ready to order components but I'm a little puzzled by a couple of things. Got time to answer a few questions about it?

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure.... I'll send you a PM with my email address. I've moved entirely into software now in my professional life, but I still do a little EE stuff for fun. Its funny though. Engineering is like any specialty. I have a family member that is has a specialty in ENT surgery, but some people thinks he knows about prostate stuff (or whatever). Granted, he may know more than the average person, but there are probably a lot of well read lay people out there that know more. The same applies to engineering. There are a gazillion specialties out there and very few (none?) are masters of all. Anyhow, I'll try to help you out if I can.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

The following two drawings are *very* rough representations of a Dyna DM4400M (Mitsubishi control) with and without the enclosure. They are for reference only as a means of figuring out space within a shop. Tolerance is literally and inch or more, so don't place a whole lot of stock in them! But, it is better than what the manual provides which is, well, nothing!

One drawing is the front and side view. The other is the top view in both clothed and unclothed states.
    Dyna Side View Drawing.pdf
    Dyna top view drawing.pdf

I just managed to snag a SKIP manual and they have a real line drawing. That is far better than my cheesy thing. The drawing, below, doesn't have the control panel. On a Mitsubishi control, it is roughly 2' x 2'.
    Dyna DM4400 Layout.pdf

Last edited by MrMetric; 08-24-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12