DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors

Thread: DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors

I am curious if anyone has any information on the PMI SynchroStep model# 00S52R6008 8 wire stepper motors that came on the dm2400. I have tried to search for information and have come up empty handed, except for the fact that they were a KollMorgen product.

I am looking for information as I want to turn the steppers into 4 wire steppers, but I am not sure which of the coils should be paired up.

Fastest1 had posted that his were Portescap P532 258 0.7 14's. I believe they may be the same motor rebranded as they were also a disc style stepper.

I have thought about removing the motors, but if I keep the original mounts then I would have to cut shafts down.

Does anyone have any additional information on this motor or the pinout?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors

Does this look like the same motor?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H4Dc8CT3XQcj7ETF6

It's from my DM4400, it's a Kollmorgen Synchro Step but no model # on it. 200 steps, 140 oz. in.

I have mine set up as 4 wire (parallel) so if it's the same I can scan that info in for you. I also have a cheat sheet for figuring out what wires are what.

Dan

Edit: I meant to say 8 wire parallel, I was assuming that's what you meant, so 4 pairs of 2 wires each.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I used to figure the wires:

Identify leads on a 8 wire stepper motor – Victor Leung

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It isn't the same motor. It is a disc stepper. I believe it was actually made by portescap for Kollmorgen. I called and spoke with Kollmorgen and they didn't keep any information on that motor.

I used an approach based on that article to figure out the wiring, but I believe these disc steppers behave a little different. I had to start out with 3 coils to get it to really react.

I have included what I believe is the pinout for the motor. I am jumpering purple-white/brown-white together and gray-white/yellow-white together to wire the motor in series. It appeared to run correctly when I did so.

This gives me the following wiring going to my 4 wire:

A+ Purple
    A- Brown
    B+ Gray
    B-Yellow

I really didn't expect to join white wires together,but that is the only way I could get it to work.
    DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors-8-wire-stepper-pinout-jpgDM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors-img_0197-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors-8-wire-stepper-pinout-jpg   DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors-img_0197-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I missed the question I really should have asked. I didn't even think to ask anyone about the typical pinout on this machine.

I found this excel sheet at https://www.soigeneris.com/document/...nformation.zip. I am sure most on here have seen it.

DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors-stepperpinout-png

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DM 2400 8 Wire Stepper Motors-stepperpinout-png