DM2800 spindle calibration

Thread: DM2800 spindle calibration

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DM2800 spindle calibration

Hi
    I have a dm2800 and the spindle will turn up so far and level off. With the belt in the middle pulley it is about 1600 rpms and it should be 3750 rpms. On the top belt it runs at about 4600 rpms and it should be 10,000 rpms. In the instructions it says to turn trim pot 2 (current limit ) all the way (CW) but it just keeps turning. And to set spindle speed range you turn trim pot 3 (ref in gain ) full CCW and that just keeps turning. As far as I know these trim pots are 15 turns. Has anybody had this problem? Are they broken? Is this my problem? Anybody have any suggestions? Maintenance man at work thinks I'm not getting full current. Thanks for any help.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DM2800 spindle calibration

HiI wanted to add something to this as I try to find out what is going on here. I replaced the two trim pots I thought were bad and nothing changed. On the servo amplifier there are ten small switches. Number three is current scaling. I switched that the other way and my spindle ran up to around 6000 rpms and then tripped a breaker inside of the electrical box. I bought this machine used so I do not know if everything is set the way it should be. I guess the next move is to see if I can have the servo amplifier checked and the spindle checked to see if it is drawing to many amps. Any body know someplace that will do this for a non company owner? Or is there anybody out there that can tell me how to check these myself? Thanks