DM 3000 Question

Thread: DM 3000 Question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question DM 3000 Question

There is a DM 3000 for auction near me but it looks like the control panel is missing.

Does anyone know if the machine can be moved under power without the controller or if there will need to be a full overhaul of the electronics to feed it code without the controller.

I'm hoping to go check it out this afternoon if I hear back from them and the auction ends Monday.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DM 3000 Question

You wont be able to jog it without the controller. You most likely wont be able to drip feed it easily either though it has been done. It is a great machine and will be a relatively straightforward conversion.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well........ I won the auction!

@fastest1
    Do you have a link to wiring schematics for the DM 3000? I'm thinking of using a MASSO controller on it. not sure if I will replace the motors\drivers yet. Also need to figure out the tool changer.......

Thanks,
    Andrew

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe I do have the manuals and schematics somewhere.
    Regarding the tool changer. I have the tool change macro that allows the turret to pivot 1 direction 60+ degrees and then backs up against the pawl. The macro works great however the changer I believe is designed to be bidirectional. The pawl is electromagnetically controlled (or can be for bidirectional use, but I havent seen anybody do it).
    In my latest iteration, I do have a relay and power supply for that circuit to be operable. It will be just a matter of changing the macro to A. Lift the pawl, then rotate the shortest distance to the desired tool. There are some sensors in the changer itself that I think allow for tool position or number verification. Again I have seen no one use those sensors and you dont necessarily need to.
    Also look into the Centroid Acorn.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any info you can dig up would help!

I did plug the lathe in this morning and was able to get the spindle, light and coolant pump to power on

That is about as much as I can do with out the controller!

Andrew

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggles84 View Post
    Any info you can dig up would help!

I did plug the lathe in this morning and was able to get the spindle, light and coolant pump to power on

That is about as much as I can do with out the controller!

Andrew
    I remember being able to do all of that and jog the machine but that was it. I did have the controller at that time. Nobody had interfaced it yet, or not told the rest of us how anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Here are the schematics I had.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DM 3000 Question-dm-3000-machine-distribution-board-schematic-pdf   DM 3000 Question-dm-3000-spindle-servo-control-schematic-pdf   DM 3000 Question-dm-3000-stepper-driver-board-schematic-pdf