Dyna Myte 1007 Spindle motor and drive

Thread: Dyna Myte 1007 Spindle motor and drive

Default Dyna Myte 1007 Spindle motor and drive

I know this may be a simple question, but I am a machinist and not a service tech.
    However,I did buy a 1007 and clean it up a bit for hobby stuff in my garage, and have no local
    service support available. So here's the question...
    Can I use any motor and drive combination provided the supplied voltage from the step up transformer is the same and the big board
    gets the information it needs?

I heard there is a Dyna guru out here that might be able to help.

Thanks, Stevie

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a manual for my Dyna EM3116 which also claims to cover the 1007. The manual shows it as a 3-phase electrical. I had to rewire mine for use in my garage which only has 220V single phase. For the spindle motor, I inserted a solid state phase converter to get the 3-phase it wanted up to it. Worked fine. Cost new $110 off ebay in late 2017. You may need an electrician, technician, or engineer to help with the wiring if you aren't familiar with the differences. I'd be interested in hearing how your machine works out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry I didn't really answer your question. Specifically, the answer is probably no. The big board and the computer control wants a 110-120 volt single phase to properly run. At the factory, this was one phase split off from the 3 phase. So in your garage, you can split your single phase 220 to get the 110 volts. You can't just put a new plug on the end of the machine cord that goes to the wall plug and expect it to work. The motor should have a tag on it which will tell you the horsepower, voltage, and if it is single or 3 phase and how much current it might want. Your machine will have a contactor which the motor power goes through. You can send single or 3 phase through the contactor. So if you change the motor you can send the juice to the new motor through the contactor which the "big board" can control (switch) for you with an "M" command.