DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DYNACOM.EXE WANTED!!!!!

yep, i saw that also, just didn't want to spend the time changing it after i properly understood the arc command. it can be end point radius or also polar degrees with the arc center. though i'm not looking at my manual i thought it was GOl R n.nnnn or GOr R n.nnnn for the end point and radius and GOl A n.nnnn or GOr A n.nnnn for polar around a center point. but maybe l and r are for cutter comp only. the manual is written weird. mine says l/r for left/right are also used for cutter comp but the part of the 3000h manual i have says i/o for inside/outside

edit, actually it's unclear if it's supposed to be GO1 or GOl, page 11-10 in my manual here looks like a 1 in one instance and an l in another.

edit2: looks like l/r are only for cutter comp, can be ignored. i just didn't understand how they used a little note there. not sure if it's i/o for some machines and not others. i really don't use cutter comp, just pre process for the tool radius and if the tool doesn't produce the proper chamfers and radii then it's worn and should be replaced. i find it pointless for indexable tooling and not a great fix for badly ground tools since you probably aren't working with a true radius anyway.

Last edited by danxj7x; 11-28-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

danxj7x

have you had a chance to run the post on the machine? Also tanks for the info on the cable. I have all the parts to build my own cable. I have a question ....should i just make it as the diagram shows in the manual?

You two guys have made more progress on this in the last week tan anyone else has in the past 5 years! I have had my machine for 1 year and plan on getting this thing up and running since we now have a post... the threading is much needed addition

Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yeah, just build it like the diagram you have. the one fastest1 provided me is fine. the only jumper that might or might not be important is the one on the pc end for dsr-dtr. the pc may or may not care if that's present. on the machine end there are only 5 wires that connect to the controller which are ground, rts, cts, rxd, and txd. no other wires will effect anything on the machine end.

i didn't fully test it. i'm trying to research a little about javascript so i can format the positions properly. i got it to stop truncating the numbers, and i got it to pad the numbers to always be a specific number of digits, now i need to do some more to get it to prefix the numbers with a space if it's positive but not if it's negative so the string is a definite length. it's something easy to do in a text editor afterwords, just a little clean up of the program. but i would like it to neatly post the programs the same way the machine controller would write them. i'm not certain this is important but if it's done right the programs look very neat on the screen where almost all lines are exactly 16 bytes/characters and every coordinate ends at the end of the line with every decimal point lined up vertically.

i think most of the credit goes to Dave. he did in a day things that i looked at and thought it would be a last resort because i knew it would take me a considerable amount of time. i was hoping autodesk would make the post but right now there is a lot of activity on that forum and my thread is getting buried fast. if i was a business subscriber it might be different but they seem busy and they aren't making much profit off two guys with small capacity machines, also most machines are just a few minor edits to the syntax or exchange a g50 for a g92 and when m8 and m9 are used. this conversational language is completely different. not hard to grasp or logically too different but the whole post is different. what they can do in a hour for someone else would take at least all day for this machine maybe more depending on the programmer (for me it would probably take a month or two without daves help). so i'm sure it's not at the top of the list for them.

Last edited by danxj7x; 11-29-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Glad that I've been able to help with this. It definitely helps that this isn't my first time working on a Fusion post. Unfortunately, I would imagine that this probably is lower on Autodesk's list than many of the other post requests just due to the small number (I assume) of lathes still using this controller. I've been meaning to pop over to the Dyna Lathe Yahoo group and see if there is anyone there interested in getting involved in testing/troubleshooting this.

I took a look at the DM3000 manual you posted and it is better than the 3000H manual that I have in that they've used a mono-space font so you can better pick out the spacing. The manual I have uses a font where the spacing changes so it's impossible to figure it out. I did see that there are a few pages toward the end (I don't have it open right now) where it shows each of the commands and the exact spacing for sign, digits, etc. so it looks like it may have to match...

I've looked at the post formatting and haven't been able to find a clean way of doing the spacing with the negative sign or empty space to match what's required. If you set the width:7 in the format, it will put the negative sign then two spaces then the digits, but for positive numbers they shift over to the left.

The only way I've found to make this work is using something ugly like this:

writeBlock(" ", "Z"+ (_z < 0 ? "-" : " ") + xyzFormat.format(Math.abs(_z)));

So you're manually putting in the "-" or " " depending on if it's less than zero, and always sending a positive value to be formatted.

It is a little too late to be thinking though... so maybe there is a better way.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

You all seem to be making progress. It wont help me but could help others.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dammachines View Post
    Glad that I've been able to help with this. It definitely helps that this isn't my first time working on a Fusion post. Unfortunately, I would imagine that this probably is lower on Autodesk's list than many of the other post requests just due to the small number (I assume) of lathes still using this controller. I've been meaning to pop over to the Dyna Lathe Yahoo group and see if there is anyone there interested in getting involved in testing/troubleshooting this.

I took a look at the DM3000 manual you posted and it is better than the 3000H manual that I have in that they've used a mono-space font so you can better pick out the spacing. The manual I have uses a font where the spacing changes so it's impossible to figure it out. I did see that there are a few pages toward the end (I don't have it open right now) where it shows each of the commands and the exact spacing for sign, digits, etc. so it looks like it may have to match...

I've looked at the post formatting and haven't been able to find a clean way of doing the spacing with the negative sign or empty space to match what's required. If you set the width:7 in the format, it will put the negative sign then two spaces then the digits, but for positive numbers they shift over to the left.

The only way I've found to make this work is using something ugly like this:

writeBlock(" ", "Z"+ (_z < 0 ? "-" : " ") + xyzFormat.format(Math.abs(_z)));

So you're manually putting in the "-" or " " depending on if it's less than zero, and always sending a positive value to be formatted.

It is a little too late to be thinking though... so maybe there is a better way.

Dave
    that's really not too different from what i had in mind but the only way i had seen to do it, i would have needed a few lines though i think, i'm not savvy on all these nested functions. maybe an if statement would eliminate the need to grab the absolute values but i did consider dropping the negative at least conceptually. so either what you have, or maybe something similar looking but inject a space or nothing at all. will it work if you concatenate nothing but empty quotations to the front of a number? will it just get confused and error? i hope to have time to test it later. but as messy as it looks it should work and that's all that matters.

a thing i've been meaning to ask you, in the onCircular section the strings it call for are just x and z without the underscore and they seem to be a string instead of a number with a leading space. what do i have to do here to get that to work like the rest? can it be changed to grab _x and _z like the linear moves? or would it be necessary to pull the number out of that string and then format that? i was confused about this and wanted to change it from "arc 1 <f> nn" to "GOR nnn.nnn" but i got errors. i was going to look up some standard g-code posts to see how they write it for g2/g3 to see what i can learn... watching some videos on javascript seem to be helping me to understand but it's not all clear yet.

Last edited by danxj7x; 11-30-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    You all seem to be making progress. It wont help me but could help others.
    we appreciate the help with dynacom.exe and the manuals. i is definitely helping to have at least some of the 3000h manual (the second half is a 0kb file, but the first 50 pages are helping) they each have emphasis on different things.

in the end i may also convert the machine, it has great hardware and the software is ok for 1980's but i'm not the only one using the machine and it may not suit both of our needs. i'd also like a mpg of some kind (or 2, like some toolroom lathes) either on a pendant or on the machine. i'm not sure this machine would be viable to many people without what we are doing here. this should get some dyna users into the 21st century without being comfortable with steppers and wiring.

Downloads
    Uploads

I like seeing the items I have tried to keep for years. Thru all of the trashed computers. Never knowing what to do with it.

On the other hand, today I got most of my lathe up and running today. A little more work on spindle set up. Using my ESS for motion since my PP started acting up. It has sat long enough. Time to finish something.

A lazy man does it twice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Chips, i have another post. this is pretty complete but there are no canned cycles. i only plan to add threading, the other cycles would not be easy to implement. the programs will be long. but it's the best we can do with cad/cam without serious coding. i have a pretty high degree of confidence that this one will work. Thanks to everyone that made this possible!!

edit: made a last minute change. new file (again) i realized why dave knocked off the negative sign and quoted it back in, in his code he suggested. because it's separated from the digits if they don't fill the space... changed to his method so now i'm pretty certain this is completely consistent with the syntax shown in the book..

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by danxj7x; 12-02-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

WOW! Thanks to you two guys SOOOOOO much.

Is threading going to be hard to add?

The canned cycles are not that big of a deal to me..but threading,drilling,turning,boring,tapping are

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i don't think it has a tapping cycle. however you could write a small program by hand for that and use a telescoping tap adapter for that for extra safety, i've never tried to use cad/cam for tapping myself. only rigid tapping really would "need" a canned cycle, and that's mostly to lock you out of feed and speed overrides since the machine does have a feed/revolution mode and a spindle encoder so we know it's not just a rough estimation. i dunno. it's doesn't work too different from a normal threading cycle but i'm kinda green with all this javascript. i wouldn't say hard at this point but i'm probably not going to have this done tomorrow either. (though i am learning)

the canned cycles we have can't follow much of a form, instead it's a different canned cycle for each shoulder, each taper ect... so each point if the form would start a new canned cycle. i just think it's easier to understand this than to convey it into code for the computer to understand it. not to mention there is not really any instruction on them in the manual, you just have to infer from the sample programs or wrtie some programs on the machine controller and see what it outputs. and how it executes them

Downloads
    Uploads

i can not get the post to work with 360
    ....errors out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry, saved the wrong file name. i thought i tested it but was testing another file, i have to be more careful with that. just a typo and open parenthesis.. sometimes i edit things and go "save as" but don't realize the name of the open file hasn't changed. so when i edit more things and i hit save it end up over writing an older version of the file than i intend to.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

have you ran this through fusion? I dont think I am doing anything wrong...but i could be...i have the checkbox checked that says to also open this up in editor and it shows the following

Information: Configuration: Dyna Myte 3000
    Information: Vendor: HSMWorks ApS
    Information: Posting intermediate data to 'C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Fusion 360 CAM\nc\1001.pgd'
    Error: Failed to post intermediate NC data.
    Code page changed to '1252 (ANSI - Latin I)'
    Start time: Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:44:54 AM
    Post processor engine: 4.2.1 40175
    Configuration path: C:\Users\D\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\produc tion\51ae3010d8055224af1e9b63a324fdb72e555a8b\Appl ications\CAM360\Data\Posts\dynamyte3000_noThreadin g.cps
    Include paths: C:\Users\D\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\produc tion\51ae3010d8055224af1e9b63a324fdb72e555a8b\Appl ications\CAM360\Data\Posts
    Configuration modification date: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:19:20 PM
    Output path: C:\Users\D\AppData\Local\Fusion 360 CAM\nc\1001.pgd
    Checksum of intermediate NC data: 64eafd1f5bdff391fcb0a52ab6a6e93a
    Checksum of configuration: b978d51b5bf40380bf0afba491b82153
    Vendor url: HSMWorks ? Integrated CAM for SolidWorks
    Legal: Copyright (c) 2008 HSMWorks ApS
    Error: Program number is out of range.
    Error: Failed to invoke 'onOpen' in the post configuration.
    Error: Failed to invoke function 'onOpen'.
    Error: Failed to execute configuration.
    Stop time: Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:44:54 AM
    Post processing failed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh, change your program number to 3 digits. maybe i can change that next. i'm actually not sure why it does that. you should be able to give it any name. but i'll look into it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok the file name has to be a numeric value no grater than 99. it can have leading zeros so it's not the digits like i thought. the post grabs your program name as the program number to insert it into the first line of the program not to different from an "O-word" of "O-number" on most machines. i can change the error. but it would post an unacceptable first line unless i just have it put the number 01 in there by default requiring you to edit it if you want more than 1 program in memory. i'll just leave it for now. i have some ideas about changing that but it think it's less important than getting a threading cycle programmed in.

Downloads
    Uploads

thats it! Fusion put it at 1001...i just changed it to 001 in the post box area and it posted!

I have a question should a max rpm be added to the post?

Man you guys have done a great job I can not thank you enough!...like i said unreal you put the time in and got a damn post for this machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited...

we just need threading now...AND AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chips View Post
    thats it! Fusion put it at 1001...i just changed it to 001 in the post box area and it posted!

I have a question should a max rpm be added to the post?

Man you guys have done a great job I can not thank you enough!...like i said unreal you put the time in and got a damn post for this machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited...

we just need threading now...AND AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS
    I don't know at the moment what the max rpm is. I believe there is a width restriction on that parameter so if the number is really excessive the post will either error or truncate the number but I don't know from which end. I'll look into it but I'm probably going to be busy this weekend, have patients.

Downloads
    Uploads

on my Haas...it is 6000 rpm

from what i understand you can put in 10,000rpm in your program for a tool you have but the machine will still only spin up to the max rpm the post has built into itself.

I think the max rpm for the DM3000 is either 3500 or 4000 rpm for our lathes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

has anyone checked to see if there is interest in the yahoo groups? i joined but haven't posted there yet.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast