Issue Sending programs to an Older controller

Thread: Issue Sending programs to an Older controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issue Sending programs to an Older controller

I have Emco machines at my place (mostly older ones like 320/325), but then one old one the Emco 120. That machine uses SP.EXE (dos based) to load the programs into the machine. Obviously any newer computer doesnt have DOS, and anything after XP I believe doesnt even have a DOS shell, so we use a DOS emulator to open and run SP.EXE with no issues.
    That being said, I am looking to use a DNC like system or something more windows based in my factory. It is easier to edit, easier to name programs, etc. I am testing Cimco edit for the time being just to see if I can even send, before investing into an entire DNC like system. I set all of the settings (port, baudrate, Parity, etc) the same as it is in the Dos-based SP program, but when I go to send, it gives me an error 600 incorrect editing sequence. I tried to lower the baudrate all the way to 600, and now it doesnt give the error, it simply doesnt send the program. I tried sending a program FROM the Emco to the computer, and it successfully transferred, however the result was similar to wingdings...it was simply gobbledigook (to me at least). Does anyone have any suggestions, or any success sending from a windows based program to an older emco control?

Thank you in advance,
    scott

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issue Sending programs to an Older controller

This sounds like you have the bits or parity set wrong

Example. 7 data bits 1 stop bit and odd parity

Or
    8 data bits 2 stop bits even parity

Look it up for the control or just keep changing format until you get clean data with no wing bats

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

The baud rates of the CNC Controller and the PC should be set exactly the same.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

...If, you are using a USB to Serial RS232 adapter might cause problems. Try a different adapter or name brand like Tripplite.
    https://www.tripplite.com/keyspan-hi...dapter~USA19HS
    there were a lot of cheap junk USB Adapters made with bad chips. other optiona get and older PC with a Serial port or PCI Serial card or go Network adapter possible