Newbie Burny 2.5 CNC - Communications Software

Thread: Burny 2.5 CNC - Communications Software

Question Burny 2.5 CNC - Communications Software

Good Afternoon,

I'm wondering if anyone could advise me, please? We have a Burny 2.5 CNC that we use with Nestmaster 2012 to create our nesting (.CNC) files. To transfer these files to the Burny we currently use a really old version of Nestmaster (v1.01 build 26) and the integrated C-Link Basic application, which connects to the machine via RS232 using the CADLink Protocol. This application operates in a server mode, whereby the operator can enter the number of the design he wishes to download and the application pulls it from within a network folder,

What I am trying to do (as an IT technician so forgive my lack of expertise in this area) is transfer or replace the communications element of this configuration (C-Link), primarily due to this running on an old WIndows XP machine. Transferring Nestmaster doesn't seem possible as we no longer have the licensing information for the program, and the C-Link component also appears not to run outwith the main program.

I won't go into full details but some of the steps I have tried so far are: -

- Using Basic DNC from within TurboNest 2012 (only seems to support send/receive, no pull/server option for operator to call .CNC file)
    - Contacted Hypertherm who I understand develop and maintain the latest version of Nestmaster (ProNest). Whilst they provided me with a download of C-Link DNC which looks like a newer version of C-Link basic, they could not provide me an activation code or offer me a way to purchase one.
    - Tried numerous DNC / CNC applications online. The closest I got this to a working solution was using DNC Precision. With this I was able to pull the .CNC file from the Burny 2.5 CNC but I could not pull down the filename with it. DNC Precision support could not offer me a solution to this issue.

If anyone could offer me any advise on this topic, I would be most grateful. Ultimately if I could get the existing C-Link application working on a new version of Windows, I would be laughing but I seem to be in a situation where I might be looking for an alternative.

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony.