Need Help! Move from NCCOMMS to Predator

Thread: Move from NCCOMMS to Predator

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Move from NCCOMMS to Predator

Hi,

I've recently bought new PC's and some new hardware/software called Predator DNC.

We have 3 machine shops with various CNC machines with different controllers. I thought I would start on the smallest shop which was two Siemens 840D controllers.

The old software was called NCComms made by a company called Camtek. The program is dated 1995 so it was well due to be replaced.

However, I can't get Predator to work. The program sends but it doesn't end the transmit. If I stop the data transfer, it seems to lose data.

I've replicated most of the settings from the old software, but in the Predator software there seems to be less options. Does anyone know what the settings are in Predator?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Move from NCCOMMS to Predator-1-png   Move from NCCOMMS to Predator-2-png   Move from NCCOMMS to Predator-3-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Move from NCCOMMS to Predator

Hello,

It sounds like the Send to CNC command you have created in the Predator Software for this machines needs a "Send Events" object to tell the CNC, you hit the end of the program. \027 or check your existing software for the ascii character and add that to the end of the program line in events.

Also, if you purchased from a dealer, they should support you for this. If you don't have a support dealer, feel free to reach out to us. We are Predator's largest dealer in the USA.

Should have no issues with Siemens 840 controller.

Regards,

Greg Mercurio
    Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com
    877-611-5825

Greg Mercurio
    Shop Floor Automations, Inc.
    www.shopfloorautomations.com
    (619) 461-4000 Tel