harrison trainer program transfer problem

Thread: harrison trainer program transfer problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default harrison trainer program transfer problem

Hello,

I've recently bought a Harrison trainer.
    Now i'm trying to transfer programs to and from the lathe to the pc but no joy.
    Neither seems to see the other.
    I have tried this to verify the com port on the pc:
    modem on com port, the modem responds fine to any command in both windows and dos.
    Also, the 9 pin rs232 connector on the side of the lathe is connected through a 5 pin connector to the mainboard, i turned this connector 180 degrees (as per the instructions in the manual in case of non working communications) but once again, no joy....

The software on the lathe sits there "waiting to send" and the pc software (the same) sits there "waiting to receive"

All i can think of is a malfunction in the lathe mainboard/rs232 connection.

I DID see some DOS command to get and put files to COM1 somewhere in the documentation that came with it but cannot find that again if my live depended on it.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    COM port settings?
    I have tried loads of baudrates and bit/parity settings to no avail.

I hope someone knows something about this as it is starting to drive me nuts!

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Similar Threads:

Monkeywrench Technician DareBee's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I recently had trouble with serial com on my TURRETT lathe with Fagor control. The builders of the lathe connected to Fagor's standard 9 pin serial on the back of the controller board and wired it to a 25 pin serial on the back panel of the machine.
    They had 2 of the wires switched from what a standard connection should be.
    I also could NOT get connection to work on this new(ish) control unless I ran fast baudrate. It will not see a baudrate 9600 crank it up 115k and no problem.
    Not directly helping you but gives you some things to check for.

www.integratedmechanical.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by uilleann View Post
    Hello,

I've recently bought a Harrison trainer.
    Now i'm trying to transfer programs to and from the lathe to the pc but no joy.
    Neither seems to see the other.
    I have tried this to verify the com port on the pc:
    modem on com port, the modem responds fine to any command in both windows and dos.
    Also, the 9 pin rs232 connector on the side of the lathe is connected through a 5 pin connector to the mainboard, i turned this connector 180 degrees (as per the instructions in the manual in case of non working communications) but once again, no joy....

The software on the lathe sits there "waiting to send" and the pc software (the same) sits there "waiting to receive"

All i can think of is a malfunction in the lathe mainboard/rs232 connection.

I DID see some DOS command to get and put files to COM1 somewhere in the documentation that came with it but cannot find that again if my live depended on it.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    COM port settings?
    I have tried loads of baudrates and bit/parity settings to no avail.

I hope someone knows something about this as it is starting to drive me nuts!

Thanks in advance for any help at all.
    WE JUST BOUGHT A HARRISON 280 TRAINER WE HAVE GOT SOME PROBLEMS AS WELL.
    WONDERED IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET INTO THE PARAMETERS OF THE M/C.
    ALSO TO CHANGE THINGS IT ASKS FOR A CODE , WHICH WE DONT KNOW.
    WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE Z AXIS STEPPER MOTOR. WE THINK THE MOTOR IS OK
    AS WHEN WE POWER UP IT ENERGIZES ,BUT WHEN WE JOG IT IT JUST JUMPS A STEP BACK AND FORTH ERRATICLY ?

Default Re: harrison trainer program transfer problem

Did you ever solve this ?