Recommended Voltage for DYN4 Drives/Motors - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended Voltage for DYN4 Drives/Motors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recommended Voltage for DYN4 Drives/Motors

Quote Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    So, I think I am going to change to the DYN2 drives with a 750 motor. Honestly don't know if I want to run the DYN4 servo's at 120v. Was going to use either a 1000w or 1500w toroidal 70v power supply to power the 3 motor's. 14A on the 1000w and 22A on the 1500w.In the opinion of the member's here, if I go this route, should I get the 1000w or 1500w?

Also, with the 70v, I am hoping to get the most out of the motor. And in the future, when and if I decide to install 220/240v in the home shop, I can buy the DYN4 drivers (As well as the cables) and be plug and play with the current setup.
    The RPM will be lower with the 750w motor when using 70v a 1000w 20amp toroidal power supply is enough you want to go for the next slightly lower voltage toroidal as I have found the 70v units will output around 72v but if this is a regulated 70volts then you should be good otherwise get a lower voltage like 68V make sure the output has 2 caps to filter the Dc ripple, Dmm will give you the size requirement for this

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The RPM will be lower with the 750w motor when using 70v a 1000w 20amp toroidal power supply is enough you want to go for the next slightly lower voltage toroidal as I have found the 70v units will output around 72v but if this is a regulated 70volts then you should be good otherwise get a lower voltage like 68V make sure the output has 2 caps to filter the Dc ripple, Dmm will give you the size requirement for this
    True on all accounts. As long as the RPM isn't lower than 1000-1500 RPM, it will work well for what I need. Unless I completely re-design my whole machine, I don't think I will be maxing out the RPM at the moment.

The toroidal PSU I was going to get was this one:

PS-10N70 - 1000W 70V Power Supply - AnTek Products Corp

If you think I should tone it down to 68V, I can get this one, though the drivers do support up to 80V:

PS-10N68 - 1000W 68V Power Supply - AnTek Products Corp

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    True on all accounts. As long as the RPM isn't lower than 1000-1500 RPM, it will work well for what I need. Unless I completely re-design my whole machine, I don't think I will be maxing out the RPM at the moment.

The toroidal PSU I was going to get was this one:

PS-10N70 - 1000W 70V Power Supply - AnTek Products Corp

If you think I should tone it down to 68V, I can get this one, though the drivers do support up to 80V:

PS-10N68 - 1000W 68V Power Supply - AnTek Products Corp
    I have run the Dyna2 up to max voltage, but it is not a good Idea as if you get a surge and it goes over it is not worth the extra to do a repair, as long as the 70v Dc unit can be maintain the 70v supply then you won't have any problems

I have the same supplies and they run a little high, but that could be also my supply voltage is high also, so check your Ac supply voltage to see what you have

This is how I normally do the Dyna 2 Package

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommended Voltage for DYN4 Drives/Motors-hpim2916-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

How about ATO-BLDC-150030, this is 1.5 kW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12